This past Saturday I celebrated my 36th birthday. I didn't take many pictures to document the occasion, but it was a great day nonetheless. For starters, on Friday I took the day off from work and enjoyed the morning sipping cinnamon coffee while watching While You Were Sleeping. I asked Pam to come watch the girls for a bit while I ran out to Kroger and picked up a mum and some pumpkins for our front porch. When I got back I had a beautiful bouquet of flowers waiting for me from my mom and John. So pretty!
Oh, but first, on my way home from Kroger I stopped and got myself an inaugural Pumpkin Spice Latte (iced this year just to mix things up!). I thoroughly enjoyed finishing my PSL in my new lazy-boy recliner that Chris got me for my birthday (woo hoo!) and called mom to thank her for the gorgeous flowers. Ahhh. Relaxation!
Amelia has been so excited to celebrate my birthday for months now. She has been writing special party planning lists with her Nana to make sure she had all of her bases covered - decorations, gift, cake, etc. I don't remember the last time I felt so celebrated on my birthday. Who knew 36 was going to be so special? My wonderful in-laws picked up lunch for me from Mussels & Burgers and we enjoyed a little family party where I opened super sweet gifts from Pam & Phillip, Nana & Tammy, Beth, and of course Amelia. My sweet girl put so much thought into every detail - she even made sure that she was wearing something blue and my gift was wrapped in a blue bag. She knows my favorite color is blue and wanted to make sure I loved everything, ha!
After some of the most delicious chocolate cake ever, Pam and Phillip headed home....but not before sharing one last surprise from the secret party planning committee. Coffee popsicles from my beloved popsicle store! Best birthday ever!
I distinctly remember my first birthday upon moving to Louisville. It was kind of a sad one. I was far away from my friends and family, and even though everyone called and sent messages...it just felt lonely. Fast forward 6 years and I feel so blessed that even in the time of COVID, when we all can feel so isolated from time to time, I felt so loved and celebrated thanks to one special little girl. I am so thankful to have my sweet girls! Let's be honest - Reagan didn't do anything but sit around and look cute - but just to have her there near along with Amelia made me feel like I had the whole world for my birthday.
1 comment:
You being 36 is UNFATHOMABLE to me. I realize how close in age we were when I taught too. I am 43!!!! Doesn't seem as big now!
Post a Comment