Friday, October 2, 2020

Happy 5 Months, Reagan!

Two weeks late to posting the 5 month recap, but as long as I get it posted before she turns 6 months old, I'm counting it as a win. 



Every month gets better and better with our sweet chunky monkey. She had her first big belly laugh this month one night when Amelia was running around being silly, and it was the best thing ever! Reagan loves watching her big sister and Amelia loves entertaining her, so win-win! 

Reagan had her first little cold this month, which of course stinks, but she is such a happy baby that if it weren't for the fact that you could hear her stuffy nose when she was breathing, you wouldn't know she was sick. She just has a jolly and happy-go-lucky demeanor and I absolutely adore that about her. I purchased this snot sucking contraption to try to ease her discomfort and it didn't impress me much more than the little nose squeezy thing that is normally used on babies. I was also battling a cold at the same time - thanks to Amelia for bringing home some kindergarten germs for all of us! Everyone is about 90% better now, so praise the Lord for that.


Reagan had a few more firsts this month...she had her first round of baby oatmeal! Of course our hungry girl was a fan, and I can't wait to start giving her the stuff that actually tastes good next month - bring on the applesauce! Another first is that she rolled over from her back to her belly! She's only done it one time, but Amelia was there to witness it with me so she can vouch for the fact that it happened. Chris has yet to see Reagan roll either direction, so he keeps saying he'll believe it when he sees it! I think by next month she will be rolling more and hopefully sitting up as well. Right now she's a little too wobbly to sit up without someone to help her stay propped up! 


Speaking of sitting up, I put her in a little baby seat during bath time and she can squirm her little wiggly naked self right out of it so I have to keep a hand on her at all times. Reagan and Amelia take their bath together every night. I wash Reagan first and get her out, then add more water to the bath so that Amelia can wash up and then play for about 10 minutes by herself in the water. She has a very elaborate storyline going with her bath toys so she must have time to splash around and have some imaginative play with the little people characters who live in the bath. 


After bathtime, Reagan is usually ready to sleep around 7:00 or 7:30 (indicated by the fact that she starts getting fussy) so our normal routine is that I will feed her while me, Chris, and Amelia watch a movie together as a family. Well, actually this month it is either a movie or an episode of Halloween Wars on Food Network, ha! She will fall asleep after she gets her belly full and I'll hold her while she sleeps until around 9ish when I'll put her down in her pack and play (we haven't moved to the crib just yet). She will usually sleep until around 2:00am and then wake up needing a diaper change and another round of milk. After that it just depends...sometimes she'll sleep until 5, 6, or 7am. That tends to change each night. But she is definitely a morning baby...always happy first thing when she wakes up! 

Happy 5 months, sweet girl!

No comments: