Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Makes Cents to Me

Before you go directly to my comments and tell me that I need to go back to grammar school and learn the difference between 'cents' and 'sense', let me tell you that I did that on purpose...because this is a money post!


Okay so now that 50% of you have stopped reading, I'll get on to my post about money. Every night before I fall asleep, I lay in bed and watch Youtube videos on my phone. Sometimes I watch Ellen interviews, sometimes it's Reba episodes, but last night it was Dave Ramsey videos. If you've never seen or heard him talk, then you should really consider going over to our friend Mr. Youtube and watching a few videos. He's surprisingly really funny and although he's kind of blunt and in your face, he really has a lot of wise advice about money that we all need to hear.


I've been listening to Mr. Ramsey for years now, and I'm definitely a hardcore Ramsey fan. Last night he was  talking about something that I really needed to hear, even though I have heard it time and time before. He was talking about 'Stewardship'. Basically in a nutshell, the money we have is not ours, it's God's.  We are blessed with what God has given us, and we are managers {or stewards} of that money. Want to hear something really honest, but something I'm really ashamed of? --> Sometimes I can be really selfish with this money that God has blessed me with, and think that it's all mine to buy lots of stuff and junk with, and only give a very tiny portion back.


I don't think I'm alone in that. Right?

I'm not preaching to anyone, I just wanted to share the little moment of financial wisdom that I heard from Dave last night {yes, we're on a first name basis}. I'm going to try to be a better steward of my money...because truthfully, it's not mine to begin with!

1 comment:

Kaylyn said...

It's so funny that you posted this. Our preacher had a great sermon on this topic Sunday. A great reminder!!