Friday, March 29, 2013

God Moments


Happy Good Friday! I hope you are able to take some time today to remember what Jesus did for us on the cross and be thankful for our amazing Savior.

Today is actually my last day of "vacation" as I start my new job on Monday! I am so excited about my new job - and I want to share how it came about that I got it because it was a very cool God moment.

As soon as we knew that we were moving to Louisville, I started looking for jobs at universities in Louisville - UofL, Bellarmine, etc. I figured it would take a while to find something. When Chris accepted his new job, we had 2 (whirlwind) weeks before we officially moved to Louisville. The first weekend we knew we would be in Louisville apartment hunting and the next weekend we would be moving, which meant with 2 weekends out of town, we would not be able to see our preacher at Rich Pond to tell him the news. Chris decided he would email him to share the news. Well, before Chris had the chance to email Brother Steve, God placed him in my path. On the day that I was at the hospital waiting for baby Eli to make his debut into the world, guess who walks into the waiting room to visit  another family expecting a baby? Brother Steve!

I was so glad that I would have the opportunity to share our news with Brother Steve in person rather than an email. It was at this time that Steve asked me about my job search. I told him that I had applied at a few universities, and he suggested that I look at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. I had completely forgotten to look there, and I was so glad that he gave me the suggestion! That evening I looked at their website and saw that they had an opening in their Professional Doctoral Studies office. You might recall that before I was an event planner at WKU, I worked in the Doctoral Studies office. Coincidence? :)

I applied that evening, and they called me the next day to set up an interview! Long story short, I got the job and I start on Monday! God blessed me with such peace during this entire job search process. I felt His blessing like I never have before. It could have been a very stressful time picking up and moving to a new city without a job, leaving my family and friends...but I asked God to bring me peace and to be in the details of our transition and He showed up big time.

So I have been enjoying a week of getting settled into our new home, hanging out with Lucy, exploring my surroundings, and just relaxing a little. Nana came to visit me this week along with her sister Judy (Kimmy's mom!). Nana stayed with us and Aunt Judy stayed with Kimmy and Craig. We had so much fun while they were here! They bought me these adorable vases for our fireplace as a housewarming gift. I love them!


We got the vases at this consignment store called Annie's Attic. While we were at Annie's Attic, we experienced another God moment. Nana was wanting to buy me a lamp for the apartment, and the one she liked was a little crooked so she sought the help of a lady that worked there to straighten it out. Nana has never met a stranger, so while the lady was working on the lamp, Nana started chatting her up a little. Before too long, Nana called me over to introduce me and we discovered that we had a lot in common and it felt like God had placed us in each other's path for a reason. Her daughter is graduating high school this year, and she is wanting to go to WKU. The lady said she had always wanted her to go to a Christian college and had been struggling with the idea of her going to WKU. I was so glad that I was able to share with her my experience at WKU and put her mind at ease that it was a great place for her to be. I also gave her some contact information at WKU and at our church Rich Pond. She was so excited, she actually gave me a great big hug! As it turns out, her husband works at Southern Seminary too so she gave me his contact information and she gave me some info on a local church that we should check out.

I'm so thankful that God places people in our path that lets us know that He remembers us. In a time that it would be really easy for me to feel alone in a new city of strangers, I have never felt so loved. God is so good to us. I hope that we can all remember Him and His sacrifice this Easter weekend.

1 comment:

Kaylyn said...

I love this! I think you have definitely been assured by God that your move to Louisville was the right thing for you guys :)