Monday, October 21, 2013

Our Weekend & a Birthday Party

Chris and I had a wonderful date night Friday night at this cool restaurant called Decca. All of the food was really unique - I had roasted sweet potato soup and Chris got salmon bruschetta, then we split an icecream sandwich for dessert that was made from honey gelato and oatmeal cookies! Delicious! After dinner we went downstairs to the "cellar lounge" where a band was playing and we sat on comfy couches and enjoyed the music. Then, we went outside where there was a fire pit and just enjoyed the cool weather and the warm fire! It was a lovely date!


Saturday I had the not-so-lovely time of renewing my driver's license. It wasn't that bad, but finding my way to a crowded DMV on a rainy morning is not the way I would prefer to spend my Saturdays. But I was glad to mark that off my to do list,  and then I came home to fix me and Chris lunch before heading out to do some shopping! It's a good and bad thing that we live down the road from a really nice mall! I hear Pier1 calling my name way too often! Saturday evening Chris and I went to church at Southeast Christian where the beautiful and talented Natalie Grant was leading worship!


Sunday was a gorgeous fall day and we had a wonderful time celebrating Chris's grandmother's birthday with his family. His grandmother is such a sweet lady - she is always telling us how proud she is of us and how much she loves us. I am very blessed to be considered one of her grandkids and I love being a part of Chris's family. Here are a few pictures from the birthday festivities.

The birthday girl!

All of the cousins with Grandma

Baby Alise is the cutest!


Grandma & her kids, Todd, Pam, Melissa, & Terry

We had fun hanging out with the family, having yummy chili and birthday cake, and watching Grandma open her gifts. I love spending time with Chris's family -- and I'm excited to spend some quality time with my family in a few weeks!  I have 3 trips home planned for the month of November! Lots going on this month! Hope you are having a great week! Happy Monday!

No comments: