Monday, October 14, 2013

Weekend Fun

Even though we've lived in Louisville since March, we are still finding tons of new fun things to do and new great places to eat.  A few weeks ago we went to see Dracula at the Actor's Theater. It was so fun -- and the theater was small so the stage/actors felt really close. It was really cool!

This weekend was no exception. Saturday we attended the UofL Red vs White scrimmage at the YUM! Center. It was a really fun laid-back atmosphere! Coach Pitino was on the mic giving fun commentary between the quarters -- not to mention we had great seats right behind the pep band! After the game, we went to one of our favorite restaurants called Sidebar. Oh my word, they have the best salmon burger and sweet potato fries ever. It's definitely one of my favorite meals that I've had in Louisville!


Sunday Chris and I headed up to Indiana to visit Joe Huber's Orchard. Little did we know that the rest of Louisville also had that same idea -- there were SO many people there! We managed to get a pumpkin and some apples and walk around for a little while, but then we skedaddled!


The orchard was beautiful -- they had tons of fields of grapes for their winery, fields of apple trees and pumpkin patches, and we even saw that they had Christmas tree fields! I would love to go back in December and get a real tree instead of using our artificial one! I love the smell of real Christmas trees!


After the orchard trip, Chris took me to a new restaurant called Mussels & Burger Bar. This place was so good - definitely in competition with Sidebar! We both got the veggie burger which was made out of beets -- it was bright red! I had to pose the question to Chris when we got our food, "When did we become those people who ordered beet burgers?" Ha! They were so good though, I promise!

To wind down the weekends, I love just kicking back and relaxing on Sunday evenings. Last night I made us some hot apple cider and sat on our porch enjoying our fall decorations. I try my best to savor this time of year and not let it go by too fast.

 
 
Happy Monday!

No comments: