Monday, November 11, 2013

Cultured

If you haven't already figured this out, my husband enjoys culture and educational entertainment. Just in the past year, we have had the following adventures:

Visited the Ernest Hemingway Museum


Took a tour of Ernest Hemingway's birthplace


Took a tour of Frank Lloyd Wright's home and studio


Toured Locust Grove, National Historic Landmark

Visited Frazier Museum to see the Royal Armories, American History, & Mythical Creatures exhibits

Visited 21C Contemporary Art Museum


And this weekend was no exception. We went back to Frazier on Saturday and toured two new exhibits - Hugh Haynie (Political Cartoonist) -- and The Eve of Napoleon (an exhibit on Napoleon Bonaparte).


Now, I will admit that if it were up to me, I would probably never attend anyof the above. But having said that, every time we go, I end up enjoying myself. I enjoy learning new things, and I think it is nice to entertain ourselves with culture and history every now and then. Of course, if it was up to me, I would rather go to an Audrey Hepburn exhibit!

I am thankful for a husband who tries to culture me. In addition to the museums that he takes me to, he also encourages me to read classic literature, listen to NPR, and watch documentaries. He knows that deep down I would rather spend my leisure time watching Grey's Anatomy (hey, that's educational isn't it!) or reading the latest Jodi Picoult novel, but I am glad that he inspires me to branch out of my comfort zone and be a little more "cultured".

No comments: