Monday, November 4, 2013

Jackson's Orchard

Friday night I drove down to Franklin to see my cousin Grace for her Senior Night football game -- she has been on the high school dance team for four years. I can't believe she is a senior in high school! I was so happy to get to visit with my family at the game and see Grace dance at halftime and also get to see my cousin Cole (who is a freshman) play in the game. It was a fun night! After the game, I spent the night with Grace and we stayed up past midnight talking. I loved it! I miss that girl so much!

Saturday morning we slept in and then got up and my Uncle Kelly made us all breakfast -- he is the best breakfast cook! After breakfast, us girls got ready and headed up to Bowling Green for our annual Jackson's Orchard trip. Grace and I have been looking forward to this all fall season -- the fall is just not complete without it! We met up with Beth & Ryder at Barnes & Noble so that we could all ride out there together -- we had to hang out in BN for a little while because it started raining!





We grabbed a quick lunch at Buckhead Cafe and then headed out to Jackson's. Ryder was entertaining us while we ate.



We had the best time at Jackson's -- we acted like kids all day!

We raced in these big circles.



We slid down the big slide.

 

We fed the little critters at the petting zoo.


We explored the hay maze.



We saw how high we could swing.



We had an impromptu senior pictures session with Grace.




And of course we had to stop and get some apple cider slushes and caramel apples! But I forgot to take a picture of that -- I was too busy enjoying them!

When we left the orchard, we made a quick stop at this old bridge to take a few more pictures. It was a gorgeous fall day for pictures!




I really had a wonderful trip home. Every time I get to come home and spend quality time with my family, I leave with such a full and happy heart. I love my family so much and I miss them every day! Chris and I are planning another trip to Franklin later this month for my mom's 50th birthday party -- I can't wait!

Happy Monday!

No comments: