Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving

I can't believe Thanksgiving has already came and went this year! Thursday morning bright and early, Chris and I loaded up the car and headed down to Franklin to have Thanksgiving with my family at my Aunt Tammy's house. I completely failed to take any pictures -- bad blogger! -- but I guess I was too busy stuffing my face or sitting on the couch recovering from overeating or going back for dessert or hanging out with my family. But either way, I didn't get my camera out one time! I don't think I even got my phone out all day to check Instagram! I stole a few pictures from Grace just so this isn't a boring text only post!

Tammy's Christmas tree is so pretty -- Grace is an expert Christmas tree decorator now that she works at Tis the Season! I thoroughly enjoyed sitting by the fireplace and taking in the pretty lights and decorations.



After we ate and visited for a while, Chris and I took Grace and her boyfriend Austin out to the movies. It is a Thanksgiving tradition for me and Grace to go to the movies, but this is a first for it to be a double date! It was a lot of fun! Love those cuties!


We went to see Last Vegas...it was really funny! We were cracking ourselves up because everyone in the theater was at least 65 or older -- and there we were just laughing right along with them at all the jokes about bad hips and hearing aids!

We came back to Louisville on Friday and spent some quality time with Chris's parents since we weren't able to be there for his family's Thanksgiving. It's hard to have to choose which family we spend holidays with, since they are 2 hours apart --  but thankfully both families are really great at understanding & let us know that whatever we do is okay with them! And we try our best to just take turns each year.

I was more than happy to avoid the Black Friday madness, but we did venture out a little bit on Saturday to get Chris a few Christmas gifts. It is much easier to have him pick out his own gifts because he is so particular! We tried a new restaurant that night called Bonefish Grill -- I think it is a chain restaurant, not local to Louisville, but oh my word, it was awesome! Definitely a new favorite!

Yesterday was spent savoring the last day of a wonderful break -- lounging, eating, watching TV, and reading. Now it is back to reality! I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving break surrounded by those you love and filled with warmth of good food, family, & friends.

No comments: