Monday, December 9, 2013

Winter Wonderland

This weekend Louisville has been a winter wonderland! I love snow -- I think it is so pretty and magical and it makes me feel like a kid that wants to do nothing but sled down a big hill and then come inside and drink hot chocolate while my toes warm up again!

Now having said that, I absolutely hate driving in the snow! The university let us go early on Friday because the weather was so bad -- I literally drove 2 to 5 miles per hour the entire way home. I couldn't see the lines on the road, my windshield wipers kept freezing, and everywhere I looked cars were sliding around and running off into the ditches! It was so scary! It was so stressful, I may have even teared up a bit! But thankfully I got home safely and immediately decided to take Lucy and Chris outside to play in the snow!


Lucy is not a real big fan of that cold white powder getting stuck in her little paws! She's a bit of a little princess!

We stayed home most of the weekend, but we did venture out to grab lunch at our new favorite brunch spot, Hillbilly Tea -- which meant lots of window scraping for the hubster!


We watched a lot of movies and read books to entertain ourselves for most of the weekend. I re-read one of my favorite classics by Jane Austen -- Pride & Prejudice. Ah, I love it.


And we watched Invictus in honor of Nelson Mandela's passing. It is a GREAT movie, I would highly recommend it if you haven't seen it.


It is supposed to snow again tomorrow morning. I am looking forward to watching the snowflakes fall, but I just hope I don't have to drive in it again!

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Stay safe girl! Icy roads are no joke!! Snow is nice, but ice is only cool at Opryland :)