Thursday, June 5, 2014

Back Again

Well, I don't know about you...but I missed the good ole bloggy blog! As many times as I have deactivated, reactivated, and deactivated, I am sure that I have lost a good deal of followers and gotten on most of your nerves, right? I mean, I know - I get on my own nerves with my indecision! :)

But nevertheless, I am back ONCE AGAIN to the world of blogdom and I hope to keep you updated on our latest and greatest happenings in the Nation household. Since I last posted, Chris and I have been super busy. I started my grad classes in January of this year and am happy to report I got straight A's! I enjoyed my classes & really enjoyed the convenience of online learning. I was scheduled to take 2 more classes this summer, but I recently decided to take the summer for a break instead and am looking forward to some much needed R&R. (You know, as much R&R that I can get while still working full-time & taking care of Chris & Lucy!)

During the spring, I also checked off a major goal from my bucket list by training for and completing the Derby City Mini Marathon. It was one of the most wonderful, exciting, and challenging experiences of my life. I can't express how much I enjoyed it -- which truly shocks me, because I thought it was going to be torture! Turns out, the training paid off!



Chris and his parents as well as my mom and sister came out to watch me cross the finish line. I was so grateful for their support, and it definitely gave me extra motivation at the end to run my little heart out across that finish line -- because I knew they were watching. But wouldn't you know, as soon as I finished and called Chris, he replied with "What? You finished? We missed you!" The whole gang missed me crossing the finish line! I guess there were just too many people! ha!


Also this spring, a certain someone in our house turned the big 3-0! And it wasn't me. And it wasn't Lucy. We headed back up to our favorite B&B in Oak Park, Illinois to celebrate the occasion. Oak Park (if you remember, we went there for our anniversary last year & also to visit the Ernest Hemingway museum) is a suburb right outside of Chicago, & it is just the cutest little town. We love the Harvey House B&B (totally recommend it for a trip if you need a little getaway!) and there are good restaurants and things to do to keep us busy for a quick weekend trip.

Those are the major milestones that happened over the spring for us. It was a very busy 6 months of blog-free living and to be honest it flew by in a flash! I don't want life to go by so fast that I don't take the time to document our big milestones - like mini marathons & 30th birthdays!

Speaking of major milestones, this weekend I'm driving down to Bowling Green to attend Grace's final dance recital and high school graduation. It will be a very emotional weekend for our family! We celebrated Grace's graduation with a party a few weeks ago. We are all so proud of her and love her so much!



It's good to be back - Happy Thursday!

No comments: