Hola! I decided to give the ole bloggy a little summer makeover today. Spruce it up with some pinks and greens and what-not.
I am still contemplating giving myself a little summer makeover and doing the hair chop, but no final decision has been made. I apologize for keeping you in suspense, but I promise to keep you informed if and when I take the plunge.
Amelia has been going through a little bit of a makeover herself lately. Her precious little baby hair is starting to thin out on the top of her head. However, it is still nice and thick on the back. Bless her heart, she is starting to rock the George Costanza hairdo.
Maybe I should change her name to Seven.
You have to be a true Seinfield fan to get that reference.
But it kind of looks like the faint little baby hairs that are growing in place of her dark baby hair are blonde, so maybe she will grow it back blonde and start to look a little more like her mommy. That would make me so happy!
Speaking of makeovers, Lucy is going to the groomer today for her bi-monthly pampering. I know she will be glad to lose the fur coat now that the weather is starting to warm up again (finally!).
In other news, I have one week left in my current job and I am counting down the days til I start my new one. I am really excited and think I am going to love my new job. Not to mention the new paycheck and my new office with a window (as opposed to my current cubicle, yuck!).
This weekend we don't have a lot of plans except for Saturday night we are attending the Alzheimer's Association Gala, like we did last year. Chris is an ambassador for the association, so we've got to make an appearance. He lives for events like this where he gets to hob knob and rub elbows and all that other muckety muck stuff.
I, on the other hand, am really not looking forward to it because I am a hermit that prefers to spend my weekends in my yoga pants and messy bun and t-shirt covered in Amelia's sweet baby drool. But I guess it will be good for our marriage for Chris to see me fixed up in a dress and wearing make-up every now and then.
This post is a little all over the place and I'm not sure how to transition to yet another topic but... in OTHER news (again), I have started back in my master's program this summer. Last summer when I discovered I was pregnant, I decided to take a break from taking classes. I probably could have continued to take classes while I was pregnant, but my brain was just SO distracted. All I wanted to think about was babies 24/7 so I was really not in the state of mind to try to think about higher education.
Now that I have started back this summer, my mind is still not exactly focused 100% as it should be, but I've got to get this degree finished up within a certain timeline.
If I thought taking classes while pregnant was hard, I should have realized how difficult it was going to be to split my concentration between school, work, and being a mom to a 4 month old.
One night a week I have a mandatory online class which lasts 2 hours where the class logs on and listens to the teacher and watches his Powerpoint slides. There is continual online chat going on while the teacher is speaking, and students have the option to speak as well, but most of the time all of the students have their microphone on mute.
So picture this. I am in the middle of my class on Tuesday night (which I have to log onto on my iPhone because for some reason I can't get it to work on our iPad). I'm carrying Amelia around on one hip. I've got my phone in my hand listening to the professor. I am at max capacity of splitting my attention. And then Lucy starts growling at me. She needs food and water.
I don't know if you know this about Lucy, but when she wants something, she will not stop growling until you give her what she wants. So I knew that ignoring her was not an option. Not that I would ignore my dog when she is hungry and thirsty. I just realized how cold-hearted that sounded. I meant I would prefer to ignore her until I was out of class and/or when Amelia was down for a nap, so that I could more easily pour food and water. I'm really not a heartless dog hater.
So as I am balancing Amelia on one hip and holding my phone and trying to halfway pay attention to the class, I do my best to pour Lucy some dog food and water (out of an Evian bottle because it was easier than bringing the bowl to the faucet), I think to myself, "I may be trying to do too much." PLATE = FULL.
And in case you are asking, "Where was Chris during all of this?" - he had a hair cut appointment so I was solo that evening.
So a word to the wise for anyone considering grad school out there. Do it before you have kids! Yikes.
After this summer I will only have 4 classes left, so I will power through and it will be over before I know it. Right?! Pray for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment