I can't believe this weekend is already over. It went by way too fast. Friday after work I picked us up some pizzas and we had a quick dinner before Chris had to go to a YPAL event. So me and Amelia just played and went to bed early.
Isn't she getting SO big? Look at those long legs. No chubby baby rolls. Just a dainty little lady!
"Mom, take this headband off of me! And wipe the drool off my chin!"
Saturday Chris and I took Amelia to the park for the first time. Actually, we had to run to the park to take our recycling that was starting to overtake our house, but instead of just one of us running the recycling by ourselves, we decided to load up the car and make it a family trip. Amelia was so excited to go to the park that she immediately fell asleep.
Oh well, we'll take her again next weekend I guess! Saturday evening Chris and I attended the Alzheimer's Association Gala. This is our second year of attending and it is a great event. This year it was in a tent outside on the Belvedere looking over the river. It was a lovely night & it was nice to get out and have a date with the hubs.
But of course, we missed our girls terribly. We kept texting his mom and dad. 'Send us a picture of Amelia. Now send us a picture of Lucy. Now send us a picture of Amelia AND Lucy.' This is what we got after that last request. Our sweet girls begging for mercy to please stop the photo sessions!
Sunday we had a slow start to the day, but we eventually got hungry and headed out for lunch on Frankfort Avenue at this place called the Craft House. It is all locally grown food & we both got the vegan mushroom burger. I know you all are just salivating over how delicious that sounds, but please contain yourself.
After lunch, we walked down to Heine Brothers Coffee so Amelia could have her first official coffeehouse experience. Mommy & Daddy got a chaiberg and we only put a little shot of espresso in Amelia's bottle.
Just kidding. It was decaf.
I kid, I kid. Amelia loved watching all of the cars drive by and people watching, our little outing definitely wiped her out. Her eyes were closed two seconds after we buckled her back in her car seat.
I tried to get a close up of the blonde hairs growing in at the top her hairline. You can't really see them in the picture...but I thought she looked really sweet anyway. :)
Happy Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment