We had a good weekend at the Nation household. Friday night Chris watched Amelia while I ran out to pick us up some Chipotle. We love us some Chipotle...but it took me close to 45 minutes round trip because apparently everyone else loves them some Chipolte too. The line was out the door! Not to mention that the "shortcut" I used to take from our house to that area of town is closed down because the floods a few months ago caused a HUGE HOLE to cave in the road. So I had to take the long way to get there and back. Wow, that was a long and boring story about how we spent our Friday night! Oh but since I'm rambling, I will just mention that I get the sofritas at Chipolte which is tofu....and I know you all just said GAG! - right? That's what I thought the first time I saw it on their menu, but let me just state for the record that it is actually really really good! I get the sofritas crispy tacos & it tastes pretty much kind of a little sort of like a ground beef taco, if you close your eyes and don't think about it too much.
Saturday we continued our Mexican food kick and went to lunch at El Camino with Chris's parents to continue his birthday celebration. I was so proud of Amelia for being so good at the restaurant even though she was super tired and needed a nap real bad. I was also so proud of me for being so good even though I was super tired and needed a nap real bad. But that's every day. El Camino was delicioso. They served chips and dips for an appetizer and the chips were deep fried, so you know they were good! Saturday afternoon me and Amelia took a 3 hour nap. Oh yes. We sure did. And it was glorious. Hallelujah and amen.
Saturday night we rented the movie Survivor (Pierce Brosnan/Mila Javovavich...um, yeah I have no idea how to spell her name but that's close enough). It was really good - I surprised myself and watched the entire movie which truly never happens anymore.
Sunday morning after sleeping in just a little bit, I fixed us lunch and we lounged around watching HGTV and DVR'd episodes of Restaurant Impossible. Then Chris watched Amelia while I went to the grocery store for my weekly trip. Also known as my "me time" these days. I got some new stuff this week because I have been in a terrible cooking/fixing food rut at home and decided I needed to step up my game. So for dinner last night I made us caprese sandwiches. And I thought they were sooooooo good.
Here is how I made them. I sliced some soft ciabatta rolls in half and drizzled (fairly heavily) some olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette on each side. Then I layered some thick slices of fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil leaves and sprinkled it all with some salt & pepper. Yum city. So fresh and summery. And yummery in my tummery.
Amelia was so much fun this weekend. She is really starting to develop a little personality - and a sweet one at that. Chris's new daddy/daughter thing to do is ask her "are you big and tall and strong?" and she just smiles and smiles at him. It makes my heart so happy to see them loving on each other.
Happy Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment