Tuesday, June 30, 2015

5 Months Old

Better late than never, right?

Amelia Ryan, you are 5 months old!


It seems that you've grown by leaps and bounds in the past month. You are now so alert and aware of everything around you and I can see your little brain working so hard to figure it all out!


Your favorite person to watch is still your BFF, Lucy. But now you have started to do more than watch...when Lucy is close, you now like to reach out and touch her!


We have to watch you though because you like to squeeze and pinch to show affection, and while Mommy doesn't mind getting her cheeks and arms and neck pinched by your cute little hands, Lucy probably wouldn't appreciate it!


You have started eating baby food this month! So far you've had pears, peas, and apples. Pears are definitely your favorite, apples are okay, and peas made you gag! Ha! No peas for you right now. Noted!

Although I still feel like you say "Mama" sometimes, we haven't declared it as your first word. You are quite a little noise maker sometimes, but it's mostly just babbles. For the most part, you are a pretty quiet baby, just always smiling and watching us!


You still have not slept through the night in your crib. You just aren't a fan! So I still let you sleep in your rock and play sleeper for now, but the day is coming soon when we are going to graduate you to your crib!


This month we celebrated your Daddy's first Father's Day. He loves you so much and thinks you are the prettiest, smartest, sweetest baby he has ever seen - and I do too!


Mommy and Daddy are head over heels crazy in love with you, sweet girl! Thank you for making us the proudest parents in the world!



Happy 5 Months Birthday!

2 comments:

kaciemiller said...

So there is something in that picture of her looking down at Lucy in the grass that reminds me of Ryder. I have always thought she looks just like Chris but maybe there is some Dillard in her after all. :)

Alicia said...

I thought the same thing Kacie! Beautiful lil girl! Can't believe how fast these months are flying by!