Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Weekend Recap, A Few Days Late

Saturday morning Chris and I took Amelia to her 6 month check up. I have been looking forward to this for weeks as I was eager to see how much weight Amelia has picked up, not to mention I had stock-piled tons of questions for her doc about eating, sleeping, and other developments. 

With all of Amelia's doctor visits, Amelia has always been a little bit of a show off. She is always very giggly and grabby and stinkin cute. During this visit, as I was telling the doc that she doesn't really like to roll over but we have seen her do it a few times, what does little miss show boat do? She rolls over on the exam table!

And then, after she got her shots, the little trooper didn't even cry a single tear! I mean is she trying to get some sort of awesome baby award or what?

After the doctor's visit, Chris and I went to brunch at this yummy little diner called Eggs Over Frankfort on Frankfort Avenue. It was loud with music playing and dishes clanking and people trying to have conversations over the noise....and what was Amelia doing during all of this?


She was snoozing and being a perfect angel. I could have bought Amelia a pony on Saturday. I was that proud of her behavior all day!

On Sunday, we got up and actually went to church for the first time in wayyyy too long. We have taken Amelia to Saturday night church at Southeast Christian, but we had not yet taken her to Highview Baptist, which is the church we think we are going to join eventually.



Amelia fell asleep during the singing. I think she enjoyed the music and being held and swayed back and forth.



But once the praying and preaching started, Amelia decided she wasn't feeling it. So I took her out to the lobby where, thankfully, they had TV's where I could still watch and hear the sermon.



We did take a brief break from the sermon to go check out the nursery. We introduced ourselves to the nursery workers and said we just wanted to swing by. I really don't think Amelia would do that great in the nursery considering the only people who have ever "kept her" are me/Chris and his parents.



I know that is probably bad that she is already so sheltered and clingy/stranger-shy. But rest-assured that we plan to enroll her in some sort of pre-school when she gets to be 2 or 3 so that she will eventually get socialized.



But as for right now, her "world" is still pretty small. And that is how she likes it. I'm not worried too much as I've seen her pull out the charm at the doctor's office time and time again.


After church, we ran by a new pizza place called Blaze where they make the pizza right in front of you. It was super yummy and little bit was happy to stay in her carseat while we ate.


After lunch, we all came home and took a nap before doing the usual grocery run in the afternoon. 



Even though it was ROASTING hot, we had ourselves a pretty good little weekend! Hope you did too!

No comments: