Wednesday, July 8, 2015

4th of July Cutie

For the 4th of July weekend, we packed up our things and spent the weekend at our country home in Shelbyville. Chris's family was having a big get-together all day Saturday, so we figured it would be easier to just spend the night out there. Amelia's first overnight trip!


She was definitely the cutest little firecracker there! She was not a big fan of all the people when she first got there - in fact she screamed and cried and for a second I was afraid we were going to have to leave and just say forget it!


But as it turned out, she just wanted her Mommy and then she was fine. We have seriously created one big Mama's Girl. I'm not complaining. I love that she feels safe and loved with me and that I can calm her down just by holding her.

But I do wish she would learn to trust and be around other people without being scared. I guess it will take some time. 


While she was in my lap, she was smiling and jumping and being the cutest little stinker ever though. And we have entered a new "grabby" phase - she is very interested in anything and everything within grabbing distance. She played "knock over Mama's water bottle" over and over again Saturday and thought it was the funnest game ever. 


And in other big news, Amelia has cut her first tooth! Actually, I think she is cutting 2 teeth! She hasn't been fussy or even all that drooly so I was quite surprised to see the little chompers coming through! Needless to say, we will be weaning her from breastfeeding in the very near future. Oucho!

Hope you had a wonderful 4th of July holiday!

No comments: