Monday, November 16, 2015

10 months

Amelia Ryan, you are 10 months old!


This month has gone by so fast and you have learned SO much!

You are now a crawling machine. You are rarely content to just sit on the floor and play with a toy because you have places to go and things to explore! And boy can you scoot! You love to take off crawling really fast and then stop to turn around to see if anyone is chasing you... because being chased is your favorite! We all have bruises on our knees from chasing you all day! And Lucy thinks we've all lost our minds because the whole family is now crawling around the house all the time.


You've become a great eater. You still eat all sorts of different baby food combinations, but your favorites have bananas and squash and sweet potatoes in them. But in addition to baby food, we've been giving you lots of other new foods like mandarin oranges, green beans, and scrambled eggs.


You haven't quite figured out the sippy cup yet, but you love to drink anything that Mommy drinks. When I get a tea from Panera you get so excited because you know I'm going to give you little drinks from the straw! You flap your arms and legs and smile and laugh - it is so cute!


Sleep is still the only area that we have a little trouble in... you are just not a good sleeper, baby girl! I know that one of these days you will be a teenager who loves to sleep in and be lazy, so for now I am just going to enjoy all of the extra time I get to hang out with you because you would rather be awake than asleep most of the time. (Like the other morning when you woke up a 4:00 in the morning and would NOT go back to sleep, so we laid in the bed and played until it was time to get up!)


You are such a smart little girl. We ask you questions now like "Where is Lucy?" and you will look directly at her. You also know where Mama, Dada, pumpkin, owl, and giraffe are when we ask! You sure do catch on fast. We are working on teaching you animal sounds now and also where your nose, eyes, and mouth are! I have a feeling you are going to figure it out fast.


This month has brought a few bumps and bruises due to your new mobility, but you are a very tough little thing and only cry for a short time when you bump your noggin. I think it hurts your feelings more than anything!

Speaking of which, I catch glimpses of our future with terrible two's with you every now and then when you don't get your way and throw your head back in a pitiful cry. So much drama! Yesterday you did this when I wouldn't give you the grocery list that I was working on. Silly girl!


Our love for you grows more and more every day. Happy 10 month birthday, sweet girl!

1 comment:

Grace Kelli Kirby said...

Can't wait to see both of you next Thursday!