Monday, November 23, 2015

Pre-Thanksgiving Festivities

This weekend we loaded up the car and headed to Nana and Papaw's house for a pre-Thanksgiving dinner. Since Chris and I take turns attending Thanksgiving with each other's families, and this year is my family's turn, Chris's parents wanted to make a "small" Thanksgiving dinner for just the 5 of us.


The drive out to their house lulled our Sleeping Beauty to sleep in about 2 minutes.


We had turkey, dressing, ham, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, broccoli casserole, deviled eggs, green beans, rolls, strawberry pretzel salad, chocolate lush, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a dish or two. Amelia absolutley LOVED the mashed potatoes. I put two big heaping servings on my plate to share with her, and the little turkey ate almost every bit of it! Plus I gave her sips of sweet tea to wash it all down, and she was loving life!

Needless to say, she took a very good 2 hour nap after dinner. Me, Chris, and Amelia piled up on the bed and they both slept....while I watched college football. It was a very typical Thanksgiving afternoon!

Sunday was spent in our pj's for a long time playing with Christmas decorations and kitchen utensils. Amelia is interested in anything and everything she can get her hands on, but she gets bored pretty quickly, so it takes a village to keep the entertainment coming.


Of course, sister Lucy is always happy to help.


In addition to eating way too much, Amelia has also spent a little time doing her holiday shopping. Or at least she has been picking out toys that she wants for herself!


She has figured out this holiday season thing - eat, sleep, and shop!

1 comment:

Grace Kelli Kirby said...

So excited for our Thanksgiving Thursday! :)