5:15 came waaayyyy too early this morning. After 9 days of sleeping in til 7:30/8:00, I was in for a rude awakening.
Not to mention I was anxious all night that I would oversleep so I kept waking up to check the clock every hour. And then I would lay there in bed trying to fall back asleep but I couldn't get the Sesame Street song out of my head that has been permanently etched into the deepest crevices of my brain this week. And believe me, I know all about the brain because when I wasn't watching Sesame Street I was catching up on all of the many many episodes of Grey's Anatomy that I have fallen behind on. It's like a free medical education, people.
But I digress, because I am tired...and it is no fun transitioning back into the real world after a week of vacation. Amen?
So I believe I told you all about my cleaning rampage during the past week. Well. An unexpected outcome has transpired in the midst of my cleaning spree. Amelia has developed an unhealthy attachment to the vacuum cleaner. She looooooovvvvvveeessss it. She wants it to be running all the time. She cries for it when I try to put it away.
And she calls it Mama.
Y'ALL. She doesn't even call me Mama! All I hear all the live long day is Dada this and Dada that. Never a Mama. Until now...
She sees the vacuum and it's all "Mama mama mama!!!"
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Lucy is not amused with this new turn of events either. We store the vacuum in the same room as her doggy food and water bowls, and as you can see, Amelia's new fetish is clearly causing a traffic jam.
Me and Lucy may be in need of some severe emotional therapy.
But at least our carpets are very clean.
No comments:
Post a Comment