Thursday, April 28, 2016

Under the Weather

Since Amelia was born, I have had the good luck streak of not being sick for the entire 15 months of her life. It's really helpful to not be sick when you are sleep-deprived and running around ragged taking care of a baby. But unfortunately, my streak has recently come to an end as I have come down with some sort of cold or upper respiratory something or other. And after 15 months I am now reminded that it's no fun being sick!

In other news, it's been pretty quiet around our house lately. We had an uneventful weekend of eating, a little shopping, and the usual errand running.

I've been infusing a little healthiness into our meals this week by making some smoothies for breakfast with bananas, pineapples, and spinach. Amelia LOVES smoothies! She thinks she is getting ice cream for breakfast, so it really works out well for both of us. I also made a new recipe last night of Avocado Egg Salad sandwiches. It was surprisingly yummy though it did look a little weird like a chunky green gloopy mess.... but I just covered it with some baby spinach leaves and put it on some toasted bread and me and the hubs devoured it!

This has got to be the most boring post ever. Have you fallen asleep in your coffee yet?

Another way that we've incorporated some green foods into our diet is that Amelia has decided she likes to suck on limes.


Yuck! I gave it to her as a joke and she ended up liking it - who'd have thought? When Grace was little, we used to give her lemon slices and crack up when she would make the most awful face at them. It was high quality entertainment. Amelia is depriving her mama of some entertainment by actually enjoying the tart little fruit! Silly girl.

Other than eating a little healthier, I've also got that exercise bug nagging me again. I'm hoping to get back into a running regime once I kick this cold. This weekend is the Derby City Mini-marathon and Marathon up here and I have found myself jealous of all the people who are participating. Yes, this is coming from the girl who just a week ago was vowing to never exercise again. What can I say, the heart wants what it wants.

Sometimes I daydream about us being a running family. I would love for Amelia to like running as a hobby or sport when she gets older so that it can be something we do together. Chris ran cross country in high school and also some in college, but he claims that after college he retired from running. I think Amelia could probably convince him to come out of retirement. And it would be so fun to do 5k's as a family!

Okay, back to reality - I just sneezed with a cough drop in my mouth and the cough drop shot out and flew across the room. Gosh, I'm glad no one was here to see that. Or worse be injured by random flying cough drops in the workplace. These sort of things only happen to me, do they not? I think it's time to call it a day and go back to bed!

No comments: