Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Let Me See Your Cinnamon Roll

I am off work this entire week staying home with Amelia because my babysitters (aka my in-laws) are on vacation in Florida. I am thoroughly enjoying my staycation and would love nothing more than to stay home with Amelia all day every day forever and ever. The only problem I have found with staying home all the time is that I get a little goofy. This is evidenced by the fact that I started singing "Let me see your cinnamon roll" to the tune of the 90's song Tootsie Roll while me and Amelia were making cinnamon rolls for breakfast this morning. Of course I had to remind Amelia how lucky she was to have such an incredibly cool mom. This is what happens when your only intellectual conversation is with a one year old.

But truthfully, I have had a great week at home so far. Monday was a little hectic because I had to take Lucy to the vet and bring Amelia along. I had my hands full toting both of them around but Amelia was extremely well-behaved in the vet's office, and she was actually quite fascinated with the whole process. We may have a little veterinarian on our hands, which is what I wanted to be when I was in kindergarten so the apple doesn't far fall from the tree.

I've been trying to make the most of my staycation by doing as much cleaning and organizing as I can manage while Amelia is distracted by Elmo or Mickey. So far I have taken 4 bags to Goodwill and it is only Wednesday. I cannot convey the level of pride I have in that accomplishment. My plan is to hit up the kitchen next and purge my cabinets of the excess coffee mugs and frivolous Tupperware. I am a woman on a mission!

Yesterday I took a break from the spring cleaning to visit with Mom and Nana who came up to visit. We had a great time hanging out, going out to eat, and doing a little shopping. I could really get used to being home all the time and having more free time available to spend with my family. Amelia took just a little while to warm up before she was sharing her toys and showing off her wealth of animal noise knowledge.

Speaking of animal noises, Chris is on a mission to teach Amelia a new animal noise because I recently brought it to his attention that she had learned all of her animal noises so far from either me or her grandparents. I was really only joking with him when I told him that, but it obviously struck a chord with him because he has been relentless in his pursuit. "Amelia, what's a bird say? Tweet, tweet." A few seconds pass. "Amelia, what's a bird say? Tweet, tweet."  I now regret bringing this issue up.

Okay, considering I have had to put this laptop down no less than 8 times since beginning to compose this blog post to tend to Amelia-related scenarios such as grabbing my coffee mug from her hands before she drenched herself and the carpet, I think it is time to wrap this sucker up, put on some Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and begin my escapade of Kitchen Cleanout 2016.

Which will include throwing away the leftover cinnamon rolls. But at least I have a catchy jingle to sing while I do it.

No comments: