Wednesday, August 24, 2016

F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

No, this post is not about the best TV show ever made...although, before it is all said and done, don't be surprised to find a few Ross or Joey references thrown in for good measure because when is it not a good time to throw out the word "Pivot!" or ask "How you doin?"?

Actually, this post is about all of the friends that me, Chris, and Amelia have been blessed with seeing lately. Moving away from all of my wonderful friends in Bowling Green and Franklin was one of the hardest things I have ever done. I didn't realize how much I would miss them and what a blessing it was to have such a support network around me all the time. I know they are still there for me and would drop everything and come up here if I needed them, but the truth is, it is really hard to carve out special time to hang out with my friends now that I live 2 hours away.

Case in point, I was SO excited to see my best friend in the world this past weekend - Alicia - because I had not seen the girl since Amelia was a week old. How CRAZY is that? That's just pitiful is what it is. Shame on us! So she brought Eli out to Grace's birthday party so that we could introduce our kiddos to each other and spend a little time just hanging out. It was so great.



Thankfully, Amelia had warmed up a little by the time Alicia and Eli arrived because when we first got to Tammy & Kelly's house, she was giving most people the stink eye when they tried to talk to her.

But it didn't take long for Grace and Austin to work their special baby whisperer magic on her and they were all sitting in the floor playing blocks and smiling and laughing.

It was good for my soul to spend some much needed friend and family time with everyone on Saturday, and Alicia and I are already planning the next few get-togethers for the whole gang which are all fall-festival themed - which of course makes them extra awesome. Which reminds me, I saw this on Instagram this morning and thought it was just hilarious.


Next up on "friends" week, Amelia had yet another play date with her cousin Liam! Liam and his sweet mama Ashley were in town visiting from Florida and asked if it was okay to come over for about an hour and let the kids play together. Amelia is about 4 months older than Liam, so they are pretty close in age and interests.



I think they enjoyed playing near each other - I don't think you could call it really playing "with" each other, but that's not really expected from 1 year olds is it? I so badly wish that Ashley and Liam lived closer so that we could have play dates all the time. They are so cute together!



So after me and Amelia both had lots of family and friends bonding time, now it was Chris's turn to hang out with his friends, right?


Wait. What the what? Who is that he's hanging out with? Oh...that's Mitch McConnell! Yes, my sweet YPAL President husband was hobnobbing with the US Senator and Senate Majority Leader himself.

I don't think Chris and Mitch are on a Chandler/Joey level of friendship or anything, but we'll see how Mitch reacts when Chris gives him his gold friendship bracelet engraved with "Best Buds".

Happy Wednesday, FRIENDS.

Beth, I hope you enjoyed all the references from our favorite show of all time. :) Could we BE more obsessed?

No comments: