Monday, August 29, 2016

You Wouldn't Like Me Without My Coffee

Our little family had a lovely semi-uneventful weekend free from run-ins with random naked people, praise Jesus.

Friday night, I picked us up a pizza and we just chilled at home. The pizza smells must have truly been wafting out of the box because Amelia was super eager to try out the tasty cheesy deliciousness that I had brought into the house. So I quickly grabbed a slice and started giving her little bites standing in the kitchen. Girlfriend was a big fan. But since she is ALL about sharing right now, she insisted that her doll Elmo also get bites and that I throw Lucy some nibbles too. So I sat in the kitchen floor handing out small bites of pineapple and banana pepper pizza to my dog, my 1 year old, myself, and Elmo until the slice was gone. Don't worry, me and Elmo were the only ones eating the banana peppers. It was fun, if not a little unhygienic. But hey, sharing is caring right?

Saturday morning, Amelia and I took off for a quick morning adventure while we let Chris sleep in - he's had an exhausting week! First, we went to the library. This was Amelia's first ever trip to the library, but I have a feeling it will be the first of many. She was so excited to see all the books. The only bad thing was that when she saw the Mickey Mouse book, she let out a pretty loud squeal of delight....and, well, you know, "shhhh! this is a librarrrryy!!!" and all that.

So we decided to head to our next adventure stop where we were allowed to speak above a whisper, aka our weekly Target run. Mommy gets her Starbucks and Amelia gets her run of the toy aisle, and all is right in the world. I let her play with the $40 Mickey toy for a few minutes in the store before diverting her attention to the $5 Bert and Donald Duck dolls. I was told by the check-out girl to enjoy using that tactic on her while I still can. Apparently, she's not going to always fall for the $5 toy swap out!

Our next and final stop was Barnes and Noble. Amelia truly loves books. I mean, the girl gets it honest I suppose, but it makes my heart so happy to see her run from shelf to shelf pointing out all the books and smiling and laughing. She gets so excited that she clenches her jaw and balls her fists up, as if it is just too much her for to take!

Speaking of books, yesterday on one of my Heine Brothers coffee runs (yes, there are multiple runs in the course of a weekend, don't judge!), I noticed a children's book on display that was just about the cutest thing ever. It was called You Wouldn't Like Me Without My Coffee. It was about two little boys who thought their parents turned into scary monsters when they didn't drink their coffee.


Even though the title of the book pretty much describes me perfectly, I don't know if I would have paid much attention to this book under normal circumstances....however, I had this grand idea pinging around in the back of my head since Friday afternoon about being a children's book author thanks to a comment from one of my sister's friends.

After reading my post about my encounter with Big Mark, she said I was a good writer, very visual and that I should write a children's book. (Beth immediately clarified that the subject of my children's book should definitely not be about a naked black man, but I knew what she meant.)

The thought that someone believed I was capable of being a children's book author just absolutely made my day. It honest to goodness brought me to the verge of tears, but I think the comment from Beth clarifying the subject dispelled my overwhelming emotions!

Who knows. If someone can write a darling little book about parents turning into vampires and mummies without their daily cup of joe, then just maybe I too can get motivated enough to write an actual book or two from my seemingly endless repertoire of random stories that I share here on the blog.

I've just got to remember to drink plenty of coffee and not write the "The Haunting and Unforgettable Tale of Big Mark."

No comments: