It all started the fateful day I sighted the naked man waving at me from the street. Who'd of ever thought such a bizarre encounter on my morning commute would spark a personal spiritual journey? I certainly wouldn't. But the Lord has a great sense of humor I suppose, and He has sent his holy spirit into my life lately speaking to my heart and urging me that it is time. Time for what, you ask?
It is time for me to write a book.
Let me start from the beginning.
So, 5 days ago, I wrote the post about Big Mark. I personally thought it was a story that needed to be shared with more than the 3 or 4 regular readers who frequent my blog (love you guys, you're the best). And so, I decided to post a message about it on my Instagram, which I never do.
But what I didn't know was that my sweet family who love me so much, were also sharing it with people they knew. And thus began a series of random people telling me that I need to write a book.
First, was my sister's friend, Kristie - who I have never met in my life, but bless her heart she planted the seed in my head and my heart that just will not stop growing.
My sister told my mom to read who then told my Nana to read, who texted me last night with the words "you need to write a book, love ya" at the exact moment that I was reading Boo Mama's blog about how she came to be a writer. I immediately burst into tears. Okay, Lord, I hear you. Stop scaring me with your signs and Holy Spirit trying to speak to me. I'm not ready.
Then, this morning my sweet Aunt Tammy emailed me and said that she shared the post with her work friends and that her friend Telisa said I need to write a book. JIMINY CHRISTMAS, Lord, what are you doing to me? My heart is racing with the idea of writing a book, but HOLY SMOKES it scares me out of my gourd.
So, this idea of writing a book is stuck in my head and won't let go. It has firmly planted its roots in my heart and I don't think I will be able to sleep again until I get some words down on paper (aka the computer).
Can y'all do me a favor? Can you say a prayer for me and just ask the Lord to help me work through this book journey? I mean, He's obviously already invested in the idea because I hear Him talking to me loud and clear. So maybe just pray for me that I let go of my fears and listen to His urging and the encouragement of my friends and family (and perfect strangers) to be confident in the gifts and abilities the Lord has blessed me with. And just put a pen to paper already and see what pours out!
Thank you. You're all the best.
1 comment:
So excited to see what pours out! Proud of you for exploring your amazing talent!!
Post a Comment