Thursday, August 25, 2016

Hashtag Goals

I've always considered myself a detail-oriented person, and not much of a big picture person. But lately, I have been pondering the bigger picture goals in my life. Have I achieved any of the big goals I have imagined for myself? Or do I really know what those goals are?


So, in true Emily fashion, I decided to make a list, and of course, share it here with you.

Big Life Goal #1

Fall in love, get married. CHECK. (Sub goal: Have a long happy marriage! Never stop working hard or letting this slip as a priority.)


Big Life Goal #2

Have a baby & be the best mom I can be. CHECK. (Sub goal: Have another baby?! I don't see this is a "goal" per se, but more of a "let's see what God's plans are for our family" mentality).


Big Life Goal #3

Own a home. (We are working on this. I'm pretty sure that we are the type of people who are going to be forever home people. The housing market is terrible right now, but it doesn't help that we are basically seeking the perfect house. But, I know that one of these days, hopefully sooner rather than later, we will make this happen.)


Big Life Goal #4

Graduate from college. Bachelor's CHECK. Master's - Soooo close to being able to say CHECK. (Sub goal: PhD? Probably not, but not out of the realm of possibilities. Sub goal: Be a life long learner. )


Big Life Goal #5

Become a published author. (I think I try to keep this goal buried deep because it scares me. I don't believe it will happen, so I continually delay trying to write anything. But there is no denying that in my grand scheme of life goals, it is definitely in the top 5. And if I were really reaching for my dreams here, I would say that I wish I could be a successful published author, quit my day job, and write full-time from home. But I think I'm too much of a realist to think that could ever happen.)


Big Life Goal #6

Run a marathon. (I think I have clearly established this as a bucket list item, so there is no need to elaborate. However, I will say that I hope to get this particular goal marked off my list by the time I'm 35. Errr, maybe 40.)


Big Life Goal #7

Own a Jeep. (This one may sound silly because how difficult is it to buy a Jeep? But so far in life, my sensible side has prevented me in splurging on such a recreational vehicle, even though I basically drool all over myself any time I see one driving down the street and I've pretty much been wired this way since I was 15 years old. One of these days, I will be a Jeep girl. Mark my words. Maybe I will buy myself one as a reward after I run a marathon. Or after I write a book!)



That's it. That is truly all I could come up with. Pretty simple really. Be an educated wife, mom, homeowner, author, marathon runner, and Jeep owner. And the exciting thing is that I'm already almost halfway there!

No comments: