It feels a bit like we have a parrot in our house these days. Almost any words that come out of our mouth get repeated back to us. I am SO happy that Amelia is talking more and more, but I've realized that we really need to start being careful what we say around her from now on!
Case in point, as I was changing a particularly stinky diaper the other day, I exclaimed a loud "YUUUUCK!!" to which my little parrot chirped back "Yuck!" And now every time I change her diaper, whether it is stinky or not, she says "Yuck!" with a big smile on her face.
The other day I was trying to clean up a little mess of scattered toys in the bathroom when I accidentally dropped one in the floor and let out a quiet "Oh, gosh..." when I heard my little parrot say "oh gosh!". I had to laugh at that one, but I definitely learned that I need to be more careful because little ears are always listening.
One of my favorite parrot moments last week came when I was putting Amelia down for bed and we were going through our normal bedtime routine. After saying our prayers and giving her a big hug and kiss, I said "I love you, baby" to which she replied "I love you baby". Melt my heart.
I love my little parrot!
No comments:
Post a Comment