Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Life Happens

If you are ever wondering why sometimes I post 3 days in a row and then other times I can't manage to squeak out a single word in nine consecutive days, there is a better than good chance that the reason is simply because life happens. There is also a good chance that my brain is lazy and can't come up with any comprehensible words.

But in this case, it just so happened that we had a case of life getting in the way. Amelia came down with a fever last Wednesday and has spent the last 8 days fighting a barrage of symptoms such as fever, runny nose, cough, and the cutest little raspy hoarse voice you ever heard. I feel like we're on the mend now, but she still sounds slightly like a toddler who needs to cut down to a pack a day.

Even though our little miss priss has been sickly, it hasn't stopped us from getting out and enjoying the beautiful weather for a few minutes here and there. That girl would live outside if she could, she absolutely loves it.

Displaying IMG_4189.JPG

Displaying IMG_4190.JPG

Displaying IMG_4191.JPG

I hope the weather continues to be warm and sunny for Easter weekend so we can all enjoy watching her hunt for eggs, and of course so that we can all wear our new Easter sundresses without needing a parka like in Easters of yester-years.

Speaking of our risen Savior, I have joined an online Bible study that started last Monday for the book Beth bought me recently - Listen, Love, Repeat by Karen Ehman. It's been such a blessing to dig into this book that radiates positivity and love and then read deeper into His word each morning. It really starts my day off on the right foot. Well, except for the mornings when Amelia decides to wake up during my quiet time and request that we play with her Princess Elena of Avalor guitar instead. Disney princess music doesn't totally compliment quiet time like one might think.

In other news, we finally received our replacement kitchen appliances this past week aka our squeaky wheel gets the grease gift after our week of apartment snafus. I'm disappointed to say that I'm not crazy about them. All the stainless steel in our tiny little kitchen makes the whole room dark and industrial feeling. A little like a small prison cell. The whole prison cell vibe really puts a damper on the fiesta of whipping up a plate of tacos and guacamole.

And lastly, because my life runs at a mile a minute all day every day, I am cutting out a little "me time" this afternoon to do some shopping and get a pre-Easter mani/pedi. Both to pamper my over-worked self and also because if someone doesn't polish up these tootsies asap, I'm afraid I'm going to scare the small children at church this weekend with my unkempt winter feet.

Happy Easter, y'all. Praise Jesus, He lives!

May your Easter be blessed with lots of love, food, family, egg hunts, and pedicured toenails. Remember, it's all for the children.

No comments: