Oh hello there. In my attempt to title this blog post with a clever Easter bunny related pun, I found myself going down a rabbit hole of Rapper's Delight lyrics.
I'm back now.
Well, I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter in your neck of the woods. We had a really great Easter weekend, and I think it is safe to officially proclaim Easter as Amelia's favorite holiday. Chocolate candy, hunting for plastic eggs, all the yummy Easter home cookin' ... what's not to love? And she's definitely a fan of all the hymns at church and insists on swaying or dancing to every song.
This was the first year that Amelia had experienced the thrill of egg hunting, and let me tell you, she could not get enough of it. We did a preliminary egg hunt at Chris's uncle's house where she first got her feet wet and learned the gist of egg hunting.
But then we took her down to Chris's parent's house and had another hunt in their front yard. I don't know who was happier - her or Lucy. Amelia gathered eggs and then asked me to hide them "again! again!" while Lucy ran full turbo speed around the house over and over again. I guess that's what happens when you let a confined apartment dog out to taste a little freedom in the country. Chris and I were cracking up as Lucy jetted around and around, tripping over her own feet multiple times, crazed glare in her eye, and tongue hanging down to her toes.
I'm so thankful that Amelia is finally (mostly) over her cold and is getting back to her normal self. We've spent as much time possible outside playing with rocks and going for walks and enjoying the beautiful spring weather.
I guess instead of playing outside, we'll have to find alternative ways to entertain ourselves indoors perhaps by mastering our rap skills...though I've pretty much already done that.
...to the bang bang boogie say up jump the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie the beat.
No comments:
Post a Comment