Monday, August 28, 2017

A Good Little Weekend

Not to sound too much like Will Ferrell from Old School, but we had a good little Saturday this weekend. Amelia and I got up bright and early and headed out to run several errands on the to do list.

First up was a Target run to find Miss Amelia some new jammies. She refuses to sleep with a blanket over her at night or nap time, so that means she sleeps in full on zip-up fleece onesies all year round so that I don't have to worry about her getting cold. I was disappointed in Target as I found absolutely none in her size, BUT I did happen to find some little toddler baby undies for her that I had been looking for unsuccessfully for the past few weeks. So it wasn't a total fail. We will be implementing hardcore potty training as soon as we return from vacation in a few weeks. Let's all pray that these My Little Pony undies are miracle workers.

Next up, we headed over to Chik-Fil-A and shared some hashbrowns and OJ and strategized over where we could go next to look for pj's. I asked her if she thought we should go to TJ Maxx or Kohl's and she said Kohl's.

But I decided not to take my shopping advice from a two year old and headed to TJ Maxx, where I got SOOOO close to leaving there with a fall throw pillow, some adorable Christmas-y clothes for Amelia, and a hotdog Halloween costume for Lucy. But ultimately I told myself that I didn't need any of that stuff and put it all away begrudgingly. And of course there were no onesies to be found.


We headed across the street to Kohl's where we discovered a plethora of onsie jammies, and I decided that from now on, I would take my shopping advice from my two year old. The girl has better instincts than her mama.

With some brand new jammies in our possession, we headed to the next errand on our list. Visiting the pet hotel where we will be boarding Lucy in a few weeks. Oh, poor Lucy. She has never been boarded anywhere, and her spoiled 10-year-old self is in for a rough week, I fear. However, I am checking her into one of the swankiest dog hotels in the tri-state area, opting for the townhouse suite which means she'll have her own room and her own bed and there is even her own TV in the corner which is tuned into Animal Planet. I'm not even kidding. On top of that, I'm even adding on the "Love Me Tender" option to her stay which means she will get extra undivided attention from one of the staff who will snuggle and love on her for 20 minutes a day. I know this may all sound like a bit much, but Chris and I are seriously worried that she will go into depression so we're pulling out all the stops to make her as comfortable as possible. Amelia enjoyed touring the facilities and saying hi to all the doggies, so that was a fun little field trip for her.


Once we got Lucy's reservation settled, we skedaddled over to Barnes and Noble and caught the end of story time. Amelia, bless her heart, paid more attention to the cute little boy who sat beside her than the story.



After a busy morning, we headed home for lunch and then immediately back out again to grab Chris something to eat. While we were returning with his food, Amelia said, "Mommy, I sleepy." Amen, girl. Me too.

So we headed home and grabbed a nap. Well, she grabbed a nap, and I hopped in the shower so that I wouldn't smell like sweat and dog hotel when we went to church that evening. Which is where we headed next.




Amelia did so good at church. It can't be easy for a chatter box like her to stay quiet during the sermon, but she showed us what a good girl she was again and didn't make a fuss. After church, we had dinner at Coal's pizza with Chris's parents and ate outside which was super nice.  We ended the night with a quick trip to Fresh Market where we got some popsicles.


Sunday morning felt so nice that I decided to go for a run outside and push Amelia in the stroller. Let me state for the record that I have taken a hiatus from exercising for at least the past two weeks so as you can imagine pushing a 20+lb toddler for a mile around the neighborhood wasn't exactly easy breezy. But even though poor old Mommy here was huffing and puffing, Amelia thought it was delightful. Which is really all that matters, right?

Since our Saturday was so busy, we tried to keep most of Sunday pretty mellow. I did a quick grocery trip while Amelia was napping and when I returned I discovered that Chris had laid down with her to nap so I had the entire house (and the TV!) all to myself. And what do moms who just can't quit do when they encounter a little freedom? Well... I put all the groceries away, cleaned the entire house, and washed and vacuumed my car. But THEN, when there was nothing left to do... I actually sat down and watched a few episodes of Friends while enjoying some dark chocolate covered raisins and the lovely smell of a pumpkin candle.

Moms just don't know how to relax unless ALL THE THINGS ARE DONE.

So overall, I would say that it was a good little weekend.

And now I'm wondering if I should go back to TJ Maxx and get Lucy that hotdog costume. Perhaps she could wear it to the dog hotel and be extra popular with her new doggy friends!

No comments: