Thursday, August 24, 2017

Reading Rainbow

If you are not a big reader, this post may not interest you. But I for one am a NERD ALERT and love me a good book. I mean, I founded a book club with my friends a few years ago for goodness sake. I think it's safe to call me a big reader.

When I was in book club, I feel like a read all the time. At least one book a month. But if I thought that was "a lot" then I don't even know how to describe the level of reading I have done over the past few months. I would say I've been a READING MACHINE. So, I thought I would share the list of books that have been keeping my reading eyes moving back and forth, and let you know if I would recommend reading them.

First category would be Karen Kingsbury (let's call her KK for short). I've read her Redemption series before and loved it, but it had been a few years so a few months ago I decided to start from the beginning and re-read them. If you have never picked up a KK book, I would HIGHLY recommend starting with the Redemption Series. They are soo sooo good.


Once I plowed through the Redemption Series, I just kept going. Next up was the Firstborn series.


So then, I started the Sunrise series which followed after the Firstborn series.


However...the 2nd book in the series wasn't available at my library. So I got sidetracked from my love affair with KK and started reading books by Terri Blackstock next who is another Christian author, but her style is more mystery and suspense.



Sometimes I wouldn't be in the mood for KK or there weren't any TB books available to read so I found another suspense author who I ended up really liking - Karin Slaughter. I started with her book Pretty Girls first. I liked it a lot, so next I went on to read one of her mystery series.


I totally read these books in her Grant County series out of order based on what was available at the library, but it didn't matter. Even though they were all the same characters throughout, each book was it's own story...and they were all really good and suspenseful!


Every now and then I would read a non-fiction biography just to spice things up, but neither of them were really all that great in my opinion.



My book-reading tyrade started back in March when I started reading a few mystery/suspense novels that just completely rekindled my spark for reading that I had lost somewhere along the way. Gillian Flynn (who wrote Gone Girl) was one of the authors that I read at this time. Along with Kimberly McCreight who I believe is technically more of a young adult/teenager author, but honestly I love her books so I don't even care if that makes me a teeny bopper.






Most recently I've been in more of a light reading kind of mood, so I've read a few Sophie Kinsella books that were really cute and funny.




And I re-read The Devil Wears Prada (which by the way is WAY different than the movie) while I was waiting for one of the Kinsella books to become available just because it is an oldie but goodie.


So there you have it. Since March I have read 29 books, which averages to about 4 to 5 books a month. Wow...that's a lot of books!

What have YOU been reading lately? Got any recommendations for me?!

No comments: