Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Alright Alright Alright...

Looky here, a new blog post within 1 week of the last one! Woo hoo! Here is a little weekend recap for you on this day after the solar eclipse madness.

On Friday after work I was playing with Amelia waiting for Chris to get home. When he arrived, I headed out to grab us some dinner at a new salad restaurant and when I got there I realized that I was sporting this beautiful piece of hot pink rubber jewelry courtesy of Amelia. I had totally forgotten that I was wearing it until I had already left the restaurant. Embarrassing much!


I was so excited for Saturday as we had plans to drive down to Franklin and attend my best girlfriend's wedding. My excitement was put on a bit of a hold as I battled a terrible migraine all morning, including the 2 hour drive to Franklin. I was so afraid that we were going to have to pull over on the side of I-65 and I was going to yak in front of all the tourists driving down to see the solar eclipse extravaganza. But thankfully, I managed to hold it together.

By the time we made it to Bowling Green, my medicine had kicked in and I was feeling much better, a little shaky but at least able to function. So we stopped at our most faaaavvooorrriitttteee restaurant in the world - Home Cafe and ate in complete silence and happiness (except for the occasional "Mmmm..." or "This is soooooo good.") And in case you're wondering, I got the fried green tomato pizza (WHAT!?) and Chris got the pulled pork BBQ tacos. Yummmmmo.

We drove down and visited with Nana, John, Mom, John, Beth, & Ryder for a little bit before heading to the wedding. It was so nice outside, I didn't want to leave their porch! But we had a very important wedding to attend, so we hurried and changed out of our driving clothes and into our fancy get-up.


It was SOOOOO great to see Alicia! I miss her and all my friends so much! I also got to catch up with Lesslye and Kacie and a few other people I never get to see anymore. I need to do a better job of planning a weekend visit home where I can spend more time with these people. This weekend reminded me of how much I miss them!


Our Sunday was low key - just the usual playing, eating, grocery shopping, etc. But Monday was the big eclipse day. And what did we do? Well... me and Amelia napped right through it. Life with a two year old!

But when she got up from her nap, she helped me bake some awesome cookies. Dark chocolate, sea salt, and pretzel. Amen.





We may have missed the celestial beauty of the solar eclipse...but believe me...we were in our own state of heavenly chocolaty bliss that was truly out of this world.

So that's how we've been livin' since my last post. L-I-V-I-N!

No comments: