I first recapped her funny sayings here back in June. It's so amazing to me how much her vocabulary has grown in two short months.
Amelia has become a much better conversationalist these days. When I get home from work, I can now ask her what she did during the day, and she can tell me. Usually, I ask her as soon as I walk in so that when she tells me, I'll look over to her Nana to confirm if she's telling me the truth. Most of the time she is. Occasionally, she tells me that she took a nap, when really she had refused to take a nap and it becomes VERY apparent that I'm dealing with an extra tired grumpy girl.
The other day when I asked her what she did during the day, her Nana had already left. And imagine my surprise when Amelia said the following.
Me: "Amelia what did you and Nana do today?"
A: "Nana called the doctor."
Me: "Nana called the doctor? Why?!"
A: "She was in pain."
Me: "WHAT!?"
A: "We called the doctor."
I decided to call Nana immediately and clarify that she had not in fact hurt herself during the day. As it turned out, the two of them had played a rather convincing game of doctor during the day where they pretend coughed and "called the doctor" to take care of them. Phew. She had me worried for a second!
I've finally convinced Amelia that Minnie Mouse is not the boss - that, in fact, Mommy is the boss. Just the other night when she was being a little bit stubborn with her daddy, he asked her "hey, you're not the boss, young lady. Daddy's the boss." To which she immediately corrected him, "No, Mommy's the boss!" Amen, sister. Amen.
For the past two nights, she has demanded to be pulled out of the bathtub to either pee or poo poo in the potty. I'm so excited at the prospect of her actually using the potty that I immediately scoop her up in a towel and rush her to the potty. She then demands that I go get Mickey and Pluto. Then I need to go get Donald because he's Mickey's best friend and they need to play hide-n-seek. She never actually pees or poo poo's. It's all a big rouse and Mama here is the fool who keeps falling for her tricks.
Speaking of tricks, I'm already on the search for Amelia's Halloween costume. Since she is more vocal and opinionated these days, I'm seeking her input on what she wants to be.
Me: "Amelia, what do you want to be for Halloween this year?"
A: Confused look.
Me: "Do you want to be Peppa Pig?"
A: "No, I want to be Daddy Pig!"
Me: "You can't be Daddy Pig. You're a girl."
A: "I want to be George Pig."
Me: "Uggggh."
I think I finally have her convinced to be a little cowgirl. Although, she keeps trying to "correct me" and tell me that it's cowBOY. She tends to get her genders mixed up quite often, but if we try to correct her she is always ADAMANT that she is right and we are wrong. She is a very strong-willed little lady.
Finally, she has mastered a few "big" words and they are SO fun to hear her little voice say them. Currently my favorites are: Baby Elephant, Avocado, and Delicious.
I will never get tired of hearing her say, "Mommy, this orange juice is delicious!"

No comments:
Post a Comment