After a whirlwind of celebrating Christmas with family, eating way too much food, and spending a few days in a post-holiday lazy stupor, we got ourselves all gussied up and had a night on the town for New Year's Eve.
But this year, not only were we awake at the stroke of the new year, but we were on the dance floor at our friend's wedding reception, surrounded by confetti cannons blasting and people blowing on party horns while we shaked our groove thangs to Prince's 1999.
I think I am now officially a fan of the New Year's Eve party. You can't really beat that kind of new year fun!
Speaking of the new year, I was reflecting back on 2017 and my prior resolutions. My only goal for the past year was to focus more on my health - which I am proud to say that I stayed committed to. I lost 15 pounds and kept it off all year. And more importantly I gained a love for exercising and maintaining a healthy diet.
Thank you sweet potatoes, avocados, and skinny cow ice cream!
It has been a busy past few weeks with the holidays, and January will not see much of a slow down as we are gearing up to celebrate Amelia's 3rd birthday in a few weeks.
How is it already 2018 and how do I have an almost 3 year old?! I mean, hello, just a few days ago we were partying like it was 1999!

No comments:
Post a Comment