Excuse me while I dust the cobwebs that have developed on the old blog here.
So, the thing is. The past few weeks have been BUSY BUSY BUSY. And I find it ironic that I finally have tons of really interesting events and happenings that I can share on the blog, but I literally don't have a single second in the day to document them because I'm just TOO BUSY. But when life is chugging along at a normal pace, y'all get stuck with stories about me stinking up the house cooking fish. I mean, who wants to read about that? All I'm saying is, it's like a black fly in your chardonnay. Ya feel me?
Ok, so I have some news to share and some important events to document....and in order to keep this blog post from being 14 pages long FRONT AND BACK, I'm just going to share the highlights of the past few weeks in chronological order from when I left off.
Starting with 4 WEEKS AGO (sheesh, get your life together Emily!).
THE GREAT INFLATABLE WEEKEND
Beth and I ran our 5K race chock full of lots of bouncy house inflatables and it was SOOOO much fun! We also spontaneously spent the night with Mom and John in Franklin and stayed up late playing card games and reminiscing. It was a super fun weekend spent with family and I loved every minute of it.
SPRAY TAN FIASCO
In preparation for Charlie's nuptials, I decided to get all pampered. Highlights, hair cut, mani, pedi, and lastly, a nice spray tan to really make my new pink dress pop.
Unfortunately, I took the advice of the young chipper tanning employee who said I should get a medium spray instead of listening to my instincts that said "Go with the lightest color, Casper! Or else you might look like an Oompa Loompa!"
Here is a picture of what I ended up looking like.
Ok, so that's not actually me. But I TOTALLY felt like Ross when the whole thing was said and done and was really close to calling in sick to the wedding.
Brace yourself for the spray tan mug shot I'm about to share with you.
Yikes.
Shield your children from the orange monster you are about to see.
By some miracle, when I put my pink dress on, the spray tan seemed to appear milder. I don't understand this color changing dynamic, but I was extremely happy that I was able to attend my cousin's beautiful wedding. Y'all. Cousin Charlie is married!!! Yay!!! I am so incredibly happy for him and Stephanie.
GRADUATION WEEK
Part of my work duties include planning and coordinating the graduation ceremonies for my school. While this is an honor to do, it is also a HUGE undertaking and the past week of my life has been buried deep in graduation-related chaos. I don't have a lot to share about the ceremony itself, I just felt it necessary to share that this has contributed to the BUSY BUSY BUSY that has kept me from updating the blog.
NEWS
That brings us up to this week. This week is my last week working at the University of Louisville. In the midst of all the chaos of the last few weeks, I have also been interviewing for another job at Bellarmine University. There are a lot of changes going on in my UofL world, and I felt it was a good time to explore other options. And I am so very glad that I did.
I don't like sharing too much work-related details on the blog, so I'll just say that I think this is going to be a great new adventure for me. One that will be less stressful and allow me a lot more flexibility to spend time with family. I start on Monday!
So don't be too surprised if I have another blog hiatus while I adjust to my new routine!
Isn't it ironic?
Don't ya think?



No comments:
Post a Comment