Thursday, June 30, 2011

Hot Hot Hot!

Each morning I walk outside and think how nice it feels, and it puts me in such a great mood for the day. And then I leave for lunch or to run errands mid-day and it is hot as blue blazes! I needed to run down to the bookstore on campus today and decided to walk (silly me) and by the time I made it back up to my office (on the top of "the hill") I was shedding layers of clothes and sweating!
It doesn't bother me to sit outside in the heat when it comes to laying out, but being outside in my work clothes is quite a different story! I haven't had any days this summer to enjoy laying outside or swimming so it hasn't really actually felt like summer to me. Isn't that sad? I'm hoping to take off one day next week to lounge around Aunt Tammy's pool and enjoy a little summertime fun! Here are some of my favorite things about hot days of summer:
  • Ice Cold Coke - ahh, nothing compares!
  • Banana Boat Suntan Lotion - I love the way it smells!
  • Frozen Yogurt - take me to Stakz and give me an espresso frozen yogurt with Heath bar topping any day - or do I want vanilla with strawberries? They're both good, I can't decide!
  • Flowers and fresh cut grass - it's just such a beautiful time of year to be outside!
  • Floating around the pool - Granted, I haven't been able to enjoy this YET but I can't wait til next week when I get to do nothing but float lazily around the pool, bathe in the sun's rays, and read one of my Karen Kingsbury books!
What are some of your favorite things of summer?

No comments: