On the first day of my two week break Alicia came over around 10:30 and we had our baking day! She was all decked out in her festive attire. Lucy wasn't sure what to think of it, ha!
A glance at the ingredients before we got started -- whoa, buddy that is a lot of sugar!
Alicia's items were Rolo Cookies and Mexican Wedding Cookies. That girl loves some powdered sugar!
My items were Oreo Balls, "White Trash", and Cinnamon Sugar Almonds. We had so much fun baking, melting, stirring, and taste testing! We had Christmas with the Kranks playing while we worked in the kitchen. I love that movie!
The days leading up to Christmas were filled with lots of last minute shopping, wrapping, and watching Christmas movies. Friday (Christmas Eve, Eve) we headed up to Louisville to spend the weekend with Chris's family. We brought Lucy with us and she was by far the best dressed little lady in the place.
We had a lovely Christmas Eve with Chris's entire family. Lucy was not on her best behavior for everyone, but she didn't make anyone bleed so I guess that's all I can hope for!
Sunday (Christmas Day), we loaded up the car and headed down to Franklin for Christmas with my family. I actually managed to take a few pictures of this family gathering!
I feel very blessed to spend this wonderful holiday with the people that I love. We had a great Christmas and I'm looking forward to celebrating the end of 2011 with my favoritest people in the world. Mr. Nation and Miss Lucy! We will probably just fix up some yummy food and curl up on the couch - I know, we lead such exciting lives! Hope you're Christmas was blessed and have a safe and happy new year!
1 comment:
You have bangs again... I love it!!!
Post a Comment