Thursday, December 1, 2011

Favorite Things of Christmas

Just for fun, I'm linking up with Katelyn over at The Bluegrass Belle to do My Favorite Things of Christmas! Sounds like a good way to kick off the 1st of December!


1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate - I like to put a peppermint in mine, yummy

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? It's been a while since Santa has come to see me! But he used to wrap some and leave a few unwrapped. He was probably too busy to wrap them all in one night. ;)

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White, but I love seeing the colored bubble lights on my Aunt Judy's tree - reminds me of my childhood!

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope

5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually the day after Thanksgiving

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I love having ham and biscuits at my Nana's on Christmas Day - it's the only time of year I eat it but it's a tradition & I love it!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? One Christmas Eve my family was getting home from my Aunt Judy's, it was probably around 10:00pm and when we pulled in the driveway we saw this red light flashing in the sky. My parents said "Look, it's Santa! He's here! You better go get in the bed right now or he won't stop here!" You better believe I ran as fast as my little feet would take me and jumped in the bed and under the covers. (As it turned out years later, I realized the red light was from an airplane. Ha! How was I supposed to know it wasn't from Rudolph's nose?)

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think I was in 3rd grade and learned it from a Home Improvement episode!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Last year was the first year I stayed at Chris's parents on Christmas Eve so we started a new tradition of opening a gift -- we all got new PJ's!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? White lights, red ribbon, & an assortment of red & lime green ornaments

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it, for sure. I love getting Lucy out in the snow. She hops around like a little bunny!

12. Can you ice skate? Yes, but I don't go nearly enough! Chris took me ice skating on one of our very first dates. :)

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I remember getting a red Radio Flyer wagon one year and thought it was the best thing ever. I would lug all of my toys around the house and outside!

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Remembering & celebrating Jesus birth & enjoying time with family

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Probably Oreo Balls or White Trash (Chris's mom makes it, its Chex mix covered in white chocolate, yum!)

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I love going to my Nana's on Christmas Day and being with my family. I also really enjoy having 2 weeks off during Christmas to have "me" days where I put on a Christmas movie and wrap presents.

17. What tops your tree? red and lime green swirlies - yeah I know that sounds confusing, but it's cute & looks like a Dr. Seuss tree!

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I love giving, but I don't think I'm that great of a gift giver. My best present was probably when I gave my sister a trip to Chicago to see Wicked with me. It was so fun!

19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Yum, for sure!

20. Favorite Christmas show? I have a long list of favorites - Elf, Christmas Vacation, Christmas with the Kranks, Four Christmases, The Holiday, Charlie Brown Christmas

21. Saddest Christmas Song? Christmas Shoes... so sad!

22. What is your favorite Christmas song? Anything by Michael Buble or All I Want for Christmas by Mariah Carey

That was fun! Link up and share your favorites too if you want! Happy 1st of December!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Do you have the recipe for white trash? That's Travis' favorite and I have no idea how to make it!