Monday, September 17, 2012

My Muscles Don't Like Me

I promised an update on my exercise, and as you can probably surmise from my title, we're off to a bit of a bumpy start. I got up bright and early Saturday ready to exercise. I moved the coffee table out of the way so that I could have the full living room to do my thing, and I put in a disc of Home Improvement to watch while I worked. The workout I chose from Claire's website was a combination of push-ups, leg lifts, lunges, abs and jumps.

At the time of the workout, I really didn't think it was that hard. But an hour or so later, I was already feeling the effects. I went to watch my cousin Cole play football, and after sitting in the bleachers for an hour, it was very difficult to even walk! All day yesterday I complained about "oh my legs!" and "oh my arms!". I probably drove Chris crazy! Needless to say, I didn't workout yesterday. I thought my poor little muscles needed a day to rest.

This afternoon (if it stops raining!) I plan on going for a 30 minute jog and try to work out some of this soreness. Besides starting my exercise routine, I tried really hard to eat healthy this weekend. I think I did pretty well. I had salad, grilled chicken, and unsweet tea (instead of my usual sweet!).

I know these are probably boring details that you can just skip right over, but I'm just trying to stay accountable like I said I would. Speaking of which, the memory verse for last week was Ecclesiastes 4:12- Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken. {And yes, I typed that from memory in case you're wondering! :)} I haven't specifically asked anyone to join me in this endeavor, although I know that if I had an accountability partner, it would be better. I prayed that if God willed someone to be my partner that He would bring them across my path, and if not I'll try my best to do it on my own.

Yesterday at church, the sermon was on Ecclesiastes 4:12. Coincidence? I don't believe in those. When things like that happen, I prefer to think of it as God winking at me. Maybe that means He is laying a conviction on your heart to join me. Maybe that means He is going to be with me during this endeavor, and it will be a time that He and I will grow closer together. Whatever it means, I feel blessed that He winked at me.

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

Clare said...

Love this! Great job!
Clare