This post is going to be a little all over the place, so let's just call it what it is - a hodge podge!
Last week, I coordinated an event for work which was the grand opening of our newly renovated library commons. It was a great success - we had Big Red, a brass band entertaining us, and fancy appetizers served on silver trays.
This weekend, I got to babysit my nephew, Ryder. We had a great time together! He is so funny and he doesn't even know it. I took him to get some sweet tea and fries and kept trying to get him to use his napkin to wipe his fingers, but he kept using his shirt or the seat of my car instead. So I told him, "Ryder, I'm going to wrap you up in these napkins until you look like a mummy!". His response was, "Oh Mimi, that's so romantic." Hahaha. Beth said that he's been learning lots of new words at school lately...but that doesn't mean he knows what they mean!
While I was babysitting, I noticed a pattern of owl decor in my sister's house. She has a lot of bird decorations, but the owl was the most popular. Hoo can pull off the owl decor? Only my sister! :)
Sunday afternoon me, Kacie, Lesslye, & Ashley hosted a baby shower for my bestest friend, Alicia and sweet baby Eli. It was so much fun!
The hostesses got Alicia and Eli this huge giraffe for the nursery - I told Alicia she should name him Bobo!
Kacie made this cute board and we had everyone fill out a 'Wishes for Eli' card. It had fill in the blank sayings like "I hope you remember _____ and I hope you grow _____".
I made my first ever diaper cake for this shower. I thought it turned out pretty cute!
I don't have a picture to document because I was too busy inhaling them, but we had the most AMAZING Rolo Cupcakes. And combine that with the most delish slushy pineapple orange punch (that I may have had 3, maybe 4 glasses full) and needless to say, I was in a sugar coma for the rest of the night!
Sorry for the all over the place post, but sometimes a hodge podge post is needed to get all of my random thoughts organized into one place! Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:
The punch was awesome....could I get the recipe??
Post a Comment