...and Colby Jack....and feta...and cheddar...oh, the cheddar. So, I don't know about Chris, but I am going through some major cheese withdrawals during this vegan diet. I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out! I could really go for a big plate of Pioneer Woman's macaroni and cheese...with a side of cheese pizza...and a grilled cheese...and some queso dip. Mmmm...queso.
Honestly, I have done a decent job at sticking with this vegan diet (with the exception of some Rolo cupcakes and a minor slip up when I had some pizza...but to my defense, Chris had pizza too, so I didn't feel guilty at all). I thought I would feel differently after 2 weeks of eating meat and dairy free, as in I thought I would feel healthier, maybe lose a little weight, and have more energy. But in my case, I feel like I'm going in the other direction. I'm hungry ALL the time. I've been eating way more carbs than I used to. And did I mention, I'm hungry all the time? The one good thing that I will admit to is that I'm eating a lot more fruits and vegetables than I used to as well. I feel proud when I check out at the grocery store and my cart is full of colorful produce like apples, bananas, green peppers, and carrots. But I don't know if I can stick with this vegan diet for long term. It just seems to be putting me off balance.
I need some queso to put my life back into balance.
Happy Wednesday! Please go eat some mozzarella for me.
PS - Ashley, you asked for the punch recipe yesterday, so here it is in case any of you would like to make it for a shower. Trust me, it is AMAZING.
36 oz water
1 46 oz can pineapple juice
1 frozen can orange juice (let thaw)
1 frozen can lemonade (let thaw)
3 cups sugar
1 2 liter ginger ale (make sure it's cold)
Combine water, juices, lemonade and sugar in a large container that you can freeze it in. Whenever you plan to use it sit it out about 1:30-2:00 to let it start to unthaw. You want it to still be slushy. Put in punch bowl and pour 2 liter of ginger ale over it. Stir till mixed in but keeping slushy! Serve and enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment