Monday, February 25, 2013

Louisville Weekend

We had a great weekend up in Louisville! Chris's parents took us to a UofL basketball game against Seton Hall. It was fun! And they won, so that made it even better!


After the game, we headed to a new restaurant called Ramsi's Cafe on the World. We had researched vegan restaurants in Louisville and this one had received good reviews so we thought we would give it a try. It did not disappoint!


It was in an old building decorated with lots of eclectic antiques. Me and Chris were totally digging it! Especially since we were seated beside a huge bookcase that was the entire size of the wall, and it was filled with old books!


I got the vegan bayou burger, and I was totally nervous that it was going to be super weird and gross, but to my surprise and delight, it was very yummy! It was loaded up with fried green tomatoes and onion rings - whoa! It was so big I couldn't even open my mouth wide enough to take a bite! But I managed to eat it somehow anyway. :)

After lunch (we waddled out of there) and walked over to a bookstore that was right beside the restaurant. The bookstore (where my darling husband bought 3 books, including a book of poetry that was signed by the author that he ended up reading from cover to cover later that night!) was connected with a Heine Brothers coffee shop, so we had to walk over and get some coffee of course. This was shaping up to be our kind of day!


After the book and coffee stop, we headed to do a little window shopping at this place called World Market. Pam (Chris's mom) should NOT have introduced me to this store. I wanted one of everything in it! It was so "me"! I'll definitely be going back there in the near future. If not for myself, then to at least buy Chris this tea pot that he wanted.


To end our day in Louisville, we did a little grocery shopping at both Whole Foods and Fresh Market - you know, because one grocery store just isn't enough, right? :) Since starting this new healthier eating thing, we have so much fun grocery shopping together. I love putting the groceries away and admiring all of the delicious and colorful loot that we brought home - strawberries, blackberries, cucumbers, peppers, bananas, and the list goes on and on.

We ended our weekend at home watching the Oscars last night. Did you watch them? I did not care much for the host - I thought he was pretty offensive and not funny. I was so glad that Argo won best picture - we've seen that movie twice already! It was so good in the theater, we had to rent it as soon as it came out!

We've got a really busy week ahead of us, but it's all the good kind of busy so I'm excited! Happy Monday!

No comments: