So, it is an overcast drizzly day here in the ville today, but instead of feeling all gloom and doom like the weather, I want to focus on a few things that make me happy.
1. Prayer
Any day I let pass by without spending a few minutes in conversation with God are days that are definitely not happy. I know that it delights the Lord to bring all of my daily thoughts, needs, and desires to Him, but it also delights me to have such a wonderful Savior to whom I can talk. He is the only way I am truly happy!
2. Cooking
Ironically, there seems to be a lot less cooking going on when the meals are vegan! It's a lot of chopping fruits and vegetables, but even the act of dicing veggies on the cutting board is something I really enjoy. Cooking is one of my favorite stress-relieving outlets! (Cleaning up the kitchen afterwards...not so much!)
3. Bubble Baths
I don't know whether to call it a bad habit or just a habit (neither good nor bad), but I have gotten into the nightly ritual of taking a bubble bath before bed. Sitting at the computer almost all day long can really tense up my back and neck muscles, and the bubble bath just loosens them up so that I can have a good night's rest! Not to mention this is when I am able to slip in a few chapters of whatever book I'm reading (currently To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee).
4. Watching My Family Play
It makes me so happy to just sit back and watch Chris and Lucy play together. Last night Lucy got into such a hyper mood completely out of nowhere and she was chasing Chris around the house barking and wagging her tail like crazy! They crack me up and it makes my heart happy to see them happy!
5. Blogging
Even though lately, I've been going through a spell of becoming more of a weekend blogger, I still really enjoy it. I like changing my background (obviously!), sharing my pictures, and especially pouring out the words that are in my head. It is not only a means of staying connected with family and friends, but it is an outlet for me to unload my thoughts and feelings and dreams and complaints and joys and random ideas!



No comments:
Post a Comment