Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Pesto is the Besto

Thanks to my lovely experience in the dental chair yesterday (cavity = filling = numb mouth for most of the day), my meals were all out of whack. I had my usual yummy oatmeal for breakfast (like I told you about yesterday in way too much detail), but for lunch my mouth was just not functioning well enough to eat anything. (FYI - it was also not functioning well enough to put on chapstick or smile straight which resulted in me cracking up at myself all day with my crooked smile and also wearing chapstick on my teeth a little bit..whoops!)


So, needless to say, by dinnertime, I was famished! I wanted something hearty and delicious, but I was hungry and ready to eat so it needed to be something I could whip up quickly! So I came up with this super easy and SUPER delish pasta dish.


Ingredients:
Bowtie pasta
Pesto
Tomatoes

Um yeah..that was it. Not your elaborate lengthy list of ingredients - just 3 things! And it was so good, Chris even asked for seconds (which he hardly ever does when it comes to pasta!). I think the reason it was so good (besides the fact that I was starved and a cardboard box probably would have tasted good at this point) is because the pesto was so good. You should definitely try this bad boy out.
We had our pasta with a crusty French bread that we dipped in olive oil and I have to admit...this girl went back for seconds too! (Lay off me, I'm starving!)

Happy Wednesday!

No comments: