Friday, May 17, 2013

Veggie Style Burger & Tots

I don't know what is going on this week, but my culinary skills are really working for me! Last night I managed to whip up another new recipe just by throwing a bunch of the ingredients together that I had on hand. It was SO good that I just had to share. (If I keep this up, I'm sure that the Pioneer Woman will be calling me up soon for recipe ideas!)


Veggie Style Burgers
Ingredients:
1 can organic kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup wheat flour
1/4 cup chopped almonds
Seasoning: 1/4 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1/4 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp garlic powder

Toppings as desired: I used tomato, pickle, onion, and a hot honey mustard mixture

Directions:
After draining and rinsing the beans, pour them in a bowl and mash with a fork until you have a pasty consistency. I left a few beans unmashed so that it had a little texture to it. Add other ingredients and seasonings. Heat nonstick skillet to medium heat and add 1-2 tbsp olive oil. Form patties with bean mixture and place directly in hot skillet. With 1 can of beans, you can make 3 to 4 patties depending on how big you make them. Cook on both sides 7-8 minutes making sure you have plenty of olive oil in the pan so that they do not stick. Serve on your favorite bun with desired toppings. We had ours with a side of sweet potato tots. Delish!

1 comment:

Kaylyn said...

More power to y'all on this vegan stuff. Personally, I could never do it!