Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Random Ramblings

*Warning: This post is totally random and all over the place!

Last week I had a dentist appointment. I have been going to the same dentist in Franklin for my entire life -- even when I moved to Bowling Green, I would always drive down to go to the dentist rather than find a new one in Bowling Green. Well, I figured driving all the way down to Franklin for a dentist appointment from Louisville would be a little bit crazy, so I did some research and found a new one close to my work.

It was SO weird to go to a new dentist! I felt like I was cheating on my dentist. There was nothing wrong with the new guy or the dental hygienist or anything -- they just weren't my regular people and I didn't like it one bit. And to top it off, I have a cavity. So I've got to go back to their office today to have it filled. Bummer!

So did you notice I changed my background yet AGAIN? I'm sorry - I have a compulsive habit to change things up all the time. Not just my blog background -- I'm all the time changing purses, music (what do I like today - Kings of Leon or Michael Buble?), furniture, hairstyles (hence, the swoopy bangs!), and all kinds of things. I'll try to keep this background around for a while (because I'm sure it is super annoying to keep changing!), but I'm not making any promises!

Swoop Swoop Swoop! Sorry, I just like saying that word!
 Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day -- probably because it includes my daily java! I just really enjoy taking the time to actually fix breakfast and start the day off right. Chris and I have oatmeal for breakfast just about every morning -- unless I'm running super late! I can't remember where I heard it, but someone told me that steel cut oatmeal was better for you than rolled oats, so we have a bowl of McCann's Steel Cut oats every morning with a little brown sugar, cinnamon, and whatever berries we have on hand.

Chris's oatmeal is always to-go -- so he gets his in tupperware
Oh and I'm a little OCD about fixing the oatmeal in a certain way - I have to layer the sugar, cinnamon, & berries with a little on the bottom, then a layer of oatmeal, then a middle layer of the good stuff, a 2nd layer of oatmeal, and then top it off with the remaining toppings. There just has to be a little sweetness in every bite!

 I think the chilly spring weather is almost behind us! I'm so ready for those warm summer days and nights filled with reading outside, jogging outside, picnics outside, and everything else OUTSIDE! The sun doesn't go down up here til like 9:30 in the summer - that's kind of strange when I am used to it being dark by 8:30...and my bedtime is 9:00...but I guess I'll just have to get used to it!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: