Thursday, June 12, 2014

Lucy's Midnight Ritual

Every night while me and Chris are fast asleep, Lucy wakes up and decides that she is thirsty. She jumps down off the bed and stands by the door and stares at me until I get up and let her out of the bedroom.


If I don't hear her jump down, she proceeds to stare at me and growl this really low growl until I wake up.

Talk about spoiled.

So I get up and open the door and walk her to her water bowl in the laundry room. Then, I wait for Miss Priss to get her drink on, and then we come back to bed. Sometimes she even decides that while she's there, she is hungry too so she has herself a midnight snack.

Seriously, Lucy? Please, take your time.


Last night, right on queue, Lucy hopped down and commenced with her wake up growl, so I got up and walked her to the water bowl. I was so sure that it was probably 30 minutes before my alarm was going to go off, and I was bummed that my beauty rest was interrupted right at the worst possible time. I probably wouldn't be going back to sleep. And then I saw the clock and realized it was 1:15 am. SWEET! Don't you love when you realize that you've got a lot more sleeping left to do?


Oh and somehow every night during Lucy's midnight ritual, Chris just sleeps like a log right through all the commotion. Hmmm...funny how that happens.

No comments: