Saturday Chris and I had lunch outside at one of our regular favorites, Coal's Pizzeria, and then we ran some errands. We didn't have too much of an agenda for the day, so basically just piddled around. Saturday night we met Chris's parents for a Father's Day dinner at PF Changs and it was crucial that we ended the night with our usual frozen yogurt stop before heading home.
Sunday, I was treated to spending the day with my favoritest (yep, it's a word!) aunt, Tammy Jo. Her and Kelly were up here because Cole was attending a football camp at UofL (fingers crossed for a future Cardinal!). While Kelly watched Cole at the camp, I kidnapped Tammy and we had a girl's day. First we went to brunch at Wild Eggz, one of my all-time favorite places to eat. And then I took her by my apartment so she could see it and we could say hi to Chris and Lucy. After that, what else would us girls do? But go shopping, of course! I took her to the Paddock (formerly know as the Summit) outdoor mall and introduced her to one of my favorite stores, Versona. I think we could have stayed in there all day. It was soooo nice having her up to spend a few hours with me.
After I dropped her off, I headed home and freshened up and then me and Chris headed right back out the door again. Chris's extended family decided to get together for a Father's Day lunch/dinner (what do you call a meal at 3:00pm?) at Captain's Quarters on the river. Although I have to admit, the food there is not my favorite, the view is just about perfect. After we ate, we all headed outside and sat in Adirondack chairs on the river bank and watched boats float by. I was so relaxed, I definitely could have fallen asleep out there!
It was a fast and busy weekend, and I am feeling a case of the Mondays today! I don't think we have any plans for this upcoming weekend so I plan to do nothing but relax. Yeah, we'll see how that turns out!


1 comment:
We are getting a Wild Eggz in BG! Next time you are down, we'll have to go!
Post a Comment