Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Birthday Weekend Recap

Well, it's official. I'm a thirty-something!

Can't believe this little pip squeak is all grown up!
Honestly, it doesn't feel any different from a few days ago when I was a twenty-something. I took the day off from work on Friday to have my own 'do whatever you want on your birthday' day, so my co-workers surprised me with some birthday celebrations at work on Thursday. They got me some yummy Panera breakfast treats and some great maternity presents, and then they took me out to lunch as well! I'm so blessed to have my sweet co-workers!



I can tell I'm getting old because it was ridiculous how much I was looking forward to waking up on my birthday and watching Good Morning America and drinking {decaf} coffee! I never get to do that! I also spent the morning cleaning house & listening to "Whitney Houston Pandora" on my phone while I cleaned. You don't have to tell me how cool I am, I already know. :) {I wanna dance with somebody...with somebody who loooovvvess meeee...}


After me and Miss Houston cleaned house I took off for the mall to treat myself to some birthday shopping. While walking around the mall I was suddenly hit with a crazy hungry spell where I thought I was going to pass out if I didn't eat something immediately, so I stopped at Aunt Annie's and got a pretzel...it was so yummy! After finding me a new perfect pair of maternity jeans, I decided to run through a drive-thru and pick up some lunch on my way home. Don't tell my vegetarian husband, but I stopped at Chic-fil-a and got a spicy chicken sandwich and OMG it was so good. (I'm just kidding about not telling him, I immediately spilled the beans when he got home from work! I'm the worst secret keeper there ever was!)



When Chris got home, he surprised me with 4 birthday cards (one from him, one from, Lucy, one from baby girl Nation, & one from anonymous) and a snoogle! I have been loving the snoogle!


Friday night Chris took me to dinner at Napa River Grill and then we had coffee/tea and chocolates at this little French cafe called Ghyslain. It was a nice night!

Saturday Chris had an event at UofL so I stayed home and did some more cleaning and then did our wkd grocery shopping. Saturday night Chris's parents took us out for dinner at my choice - Johnny Brusco's pizza! It was yummy! And then, of course, we had to get our weekly froyo!

I had a lovely birthday weekend and am excited for the year of being 30! It's going to be a great one! As one of my co-workers put it, "it's a great year to become a mama!"


No comments: