Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Time's Up - How did I do?

If you have been reading my blog for very long, then you might remember a few years ago when I posted this list of 30 goals I hoped to achieve before I turned 30. Well, that deadline has now arrived (as of this Friday!) and boy, did it get here FAST! Too fast...I definitely did NOT achieve all of my goals!

30 before 30 - Did I achieve my goals?
  1. Buy a house. NO - but I think this one will happen within the year of my turning 30. 
  2. Pay off all debt. YES! Glory, glory, hallelujah!
  3. Start a family. YES! Baby Nation is on the way! 
  4. Visit Seattle. NO - definitely want to before I turn 40!
  5. Invest in a really good camera.  NADA - I use my phone for most of my pictures and I have a decent point-and-shoot. So this goal has lost it's priority for me!
  6. Run a 10K. YES - Proud to say I kicked this goal's butt with my mini marathon! 
  7. Help build a house with Habitat for Humanity.  NO - But I did do this while I was in college, so it was just something that I wanted to do again. H4H is a great organization.
  8. Visit Memphis. NO - and that's ok, not really interested anymore!
  9. Take a cooking class. YES! Me & Chris  and his parents took a plant-based cooking class on Valentine's Day this year - fun stuff! 
  10. Start a garden. YEAH, SURE. I'm giving myself credit for this because I grew one tomato and a little herb garden that consisted of basil. The goal was to START a garden, no one said anything about sustaining it. 
  11. Take my husband on a picnic in the park. NOPE. #wifefail
  12. Serve in a soup kitchen during the holidays. NO - And I HATE that I didn't...I really think this one is going to happen during this holiday season. 
  13. Draft a novel. NO - Get serious, Em. 
  14. Adopt a brother or sister for Lucy (aka our future miniature Schnauzer we will be naming Dan McGuinness but calling "McGee"). NO - Lucy has been enough of a handful all by herself. I'm sure we'll throw another little furry companion in the mix before too long. 
  15. Throw a surprise party. NO - Although, I did surprise Alicia on her 30th birthday by showing up at a restaurant, but that is a stretch, so I'm not giving myself credit for a "surprise party". 
  16. Learn to knit. YES - my friend Kelly came over and taught me, Alicia, & Lesslye how to knit -- and it was way too hard for me to continue on my own! 
  17. Share my testimony.YES! You can read it here.
  18. Spend time with the animals at the Humane Society. NO - and that is just a shame! Hate that I didn't make the time for this.
  19. Sharpen my French-speaking skills. OUI! That means yes for all you non-French-speaking folks!
  20. Play tennis with my sister. Doubles anyone? NOPE - and I don't see this pregnant girl getting out on the tennis courts any time soon!
  21. Teach Lucy a trick. YES! My super smart pup knows how to roll over now! 
  22. Surprise others with baked goods. YES! I made owl cupcakes and surprised Kelly, Aunt Tammy, & Beth one day for no reason - so fun! 
  23. Offer to babysit for friends/family who need a parents night out. NO - can't say I ever did this...but I would like to babysit for Kimmy & Craig before the baby gets here. Give Chris some babysitting experience!
  24. Paint a canvas. (It doesn't have to be pretty!) YES - I am giving myself credit for this b/c I painted a pallet. And no, it wasn't pretty...that's why it's in the storage unit outside. {no picture taken of the masterpiece}
  25. Host a family dinner and use the fancy china. NO - It's hard to use the fancy china when it is boxed up for safe-keeping until we move into our own house. This one will happen once we're settled into our house. 
  26. Buy a meal for the person behind me in the drive-thru. YES! This one was done multiple times & was always a blessing to me more than it was for the person behind me!
  27. Go camping in the woods. NADA - And truthfully, I'm okay with that, but I think it would be fun to do when our kid(s) get older.
  28. Attend a Major League Baseball game. NOPE - I'm over this goal...I'd rather go see a concert, play, or hockey game any day. 
  29. Enjoy a summer sunrise.  SURE - I didn't sit outside on a blanket and purposefully watch the sun rise, but I have been up before sunrise multiple times this summer so I'm giving myself credit. 
  30. Learn a few chords on the guitar. NO - I think this one is just not in the cards for me!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I think you did pretty good and you have a wonderful year ahead of you!! Happy Early Birthday!!